NITN | @notintownlive | 03 Feb 2018
Kolkata, Feb 3 (NITN): The second edition of the Annual Manufacturing and MSME Conclave organised by the Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCC&I) was inaugurated on Friday at the Chamber's premises in Kolkata.
The two-day conclave is titled “Competence Building for Manufacturing, emphasizing MSMEs and Annual MSME Awards”.
The tenth edition of the Chamber's annual MSME Excellence Award programme titled “The Bengal Chamber Awards on Achieving Excellence for MSMEs” is also part of the conclave.
The first day of the conclave was devoted to Engineering/Manufacturing Case Study Presentations and the Annual MSME Excellence Award Programme was held on the second day.
The Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) sector has emerged as a highly vibrant and dynamic sector of the global economy, especially in the Indian economy over the last couple of decades, the organisers said.
The Chamber also highlighted that MSMEs play a pivotal role in providing large employment opportunities at comparatively lower capital Investment than larger industries and also help in industrialization of rural /underdeveloped areas.
They are complementary to large industries mostly working as ancillary units and contribute enormously to the socio-economic development of the country.
The sector consisting of 36 million units approximately provides employment to about 80 million persons.
The sector makes more than 8,000 products and contributes about 8% to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) besides 45% to the total industrial output and 40% to the exports of India, the Chamber said in a release.
The labour to Capital ration in MSMEs and the overall growth are much higher compared to larger industries and geographically the distribution of MSMEs is more even across the country. They have the potential to spearhead industrial growth across the country and could be a major partner in the process of inclusive growth.
MSMEs are the fountain heads of several innovations in manufacturing and service sectors and they are a major link in the supply chain to corporates and the PSUs.
The objective of the Chamber in organizing the Award Programme is to showcase the excellent practices prevailing in the manufacturing and service sectors for the MSMEs and along with create a forum for sharing of knowledge, experiences and know-how in areas like engineering, manufacturing, technology, services and related aspects.
- Mentorship-driven accelerator Techstars appoints Ray Newal as MD to support emerging markets entrepreneurs
- ‘The SAS Trio’ along with Garfa Mitrayan stage Tagore’s dance drama ‘Kaalmrigaya’
- Ever wondered how stressful a model’s job can be?
- Orange Corp offers online platform for aspiring models to get projects and contacts
- Higher education can help in strengthening democracy, creating a just society'
- Is it possible to shift from modelling to acting? Read On!!!
- Author Anita Bose's book Patachitra of Odisha and Jagannath Culture has been inspired by Swami Vivekananda's words
- Rotary plays an important role in inspiring the youth
- Aditya Group and Anirban Aditya nominated as one of “India's Greatest Brands & Leaders 2017- 18” process reviewers
- Patti Hoffman Takes Over as the U.S. Consul General in Kolkata
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.