NITN | @notintownlive | 09 Feb 2018
Kolkata, Feb 8 (NITN): The Union Budget 2018 is a balanced one with focus on affordable housing but without any direct impact on the sector, according to Laxman Jaiswal, Chairman & Managing Director, Ascon Infrastructure (India) Ltd.
The Budget seems to be heading to have minimal direct impact on the Real Estate industry, a departure from the past three years, he said.
According to the Chairman and MD of Ascon, the sector was reeling for a while and was expecting major announcements to revive it.
The real estate contributes 7.7 per cent to GVA and ensured 15 million job creation over the past five years, he said.
According to Jaiswal, the setting up of a dedicated affordable housing fund under the National Housing Bank for priority sector lending will provide a further impetus to the development of housing.
"The continued focus on smart city projects is expected to boost real estate activities further. Real estate is a function of multiple parameters and bearing of the overall economy. So if there is an overall boost to the economy through farm spending and so on; then we will see a spin-off effect on the real estate sector," he said.
Post demonetisation, the secondary market was turbulent due to lack liquidity; furthermore, in major cities, the circle rates were increased and had become more than the market rates. This resulted in a gap between the two rates, which was counted as income in hands of both buyer and seller, he said.
However, Jaiswal pointed out that the Union Budget 2018 clearly focuses on pushing up farmers’ income, thereby kick starting consumption in the economy, which is a positive.
But, he also pointed out that there should be parity between the Central and the state tax rates and regulations for the benefit of the real estate industry.
- Safety film for CESC made by Power Publishers & Motion Pictures to be screened on Tuesday
- Ascon Infrastructure India MD takes educational responsibility of daughter of martyred CRPF jawan from Bengal
- RBU's Annual Art Exhibition inaugurated at ICCR
- RBU organises workshop on ‘Folk and Tribal Performing Arts of Mech Community of North Bengal’
- Bandel Church in West Bengal marks `World Day of the Sick’ with healing prayers, mural
- Rhitom Sarkar returns from Germany after his successful concerts
- Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Tarun Bhattacharya join to pay tributes to India Armed Forces in Kolkata
- Techstars' first accelerator in India kicks off in Bangalore
- Union Budget has quite a few positives to take away: Jaiswal
- Pioneering tech innovation to up customer satisfaction
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.