NITN | @notintownlive | 09 Feb 2018
Kolkata, Feb 8 (NITN): The Union Budget 2018 is a balanced one with focus on affordable housing but without any direct impact on the sector, according to Laxman Jaiswal, Chairman & Managing Director, Ascon Infrastructure (India) Ltd.
The Budget seems to be heading to have minimal direct impact on the Real Estate industry, a departure from the past three years, he said.
According to the Chairman and MD of Ascon, the sector was reeling for a while and was expecting major announcements to revive it.
The real estate contributes 7.7 per cent to GVA and ensured 15 million job creation over the past five years, he said.
According to Jaiswal, the setting up of a dedicated affordable housing fund under the National Housing Bank for priority sector lending will provide a further impetus to the development of housing.
"The continued focus on smart city projects is expected to boost real estate activities further. Real estate is a function of multiple parameters and bearing of the overall economy. So if there is an overall boost to the economy through farm spending and so on; then we will see a spin-off effect on the real estate sector," he said.
Post demonetisation, the secondary market was turbulent due to lack liquidity; furthermore, in major cities, the circle rates were increased and had become more than the market rates. This resulted in a gap between the two rates, which was counted as income in hands of both buyer and seller, he said.
However, Jaiswal pointed out that the Union Budget 2018 clearly focuses on pushing up farmers’ income, thereby kick starting consumption in the economy, which is a positive.
But, he also pointed out that there should be parity between the Central and the state tax rates and regulations for the benefit of the real estate industry.
- Mentorship-driven accelerator Techstars appoints Ray Newal as MD to support emerging markets entrepreneurs
- ‘The SAS Trio’ along with Garfa Mitrayan stage Tagore’s dance drama ‘Kaalmrigaya’
- Ever wondered how stressful a model’s job can be?
- Orange Corp offers online platform for aspiring models to get projects and contacts
- Higher education can help in strengthening democracy, creating a just society'
- Is it possible to shift from modelling to acting? Read On!!!
- Author Anita Bose's book Patachitra of Odisha and Jagannath Culture has been inspired by Swami Vivekananda's words
- Rotary plays an important role in inspiring the youth
- Aditya Group and Anirban Aditya nominated as one of “India's Greatest Brands & Leaders 2017- 18” process reviewers
- Patti Hoffman Takes Over as the U.S. Consul General in Kolkata
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.