Not In Town | @notintownlive
The US State Department said in a statement that Pakistan continues to experience significant terrorist violence, including sectarian attacks.
"The Department of State warns U.S. citizens against all non-essential travel to Pakistan. This Travel Warning replaces the Travel Warning dated April 12, 2017," read the statement.
The statement further said: "Consular services provided by the American Embassy in Islamabad, the Consulate General in Karachi, and the Consulate General in Lahore are often limited due to the security environment. At this time, the Consulate General in Peshawar is not providing consular services."
The Department said targeted attacks against government officials, humanitarian and non-governmental organization (NGO) employees, tribal elders, and law enforcement personnel are common. Throughout Pakistan, foreign and indigenous terrorist groups continue to pose a danger to U.S. citizens.
"Evidence suggests that some victims of terrorist activity have been targeted because they are U.S. citizens. Terrorists and criminal groups have resorted to kidnapping for ransom," the release issued by the department said.
The department said travel by U.S. government personnel within Pakistan is restricted and movements by U.S. government personnel outside of Islamabad are severely restricted.
PIA Image: AaronC/Wikipedia
Other images: Internet Wallpapers
- Mumbai: The Taj Mahal Palace secures India's first trademark registration for its iconic hotel building and dome
- Indian Railways to run special tourist train to Gandhi circuit
- Qatar Airways say their flights operating smoothly, announces new international flights
- New age theatrical show La Clique Noel to reignite Edinburgh’s Christmas Festival in 2017
- Bhutan: Mountain Echoes Literary Festival 2017 to focus on global issues, to be held from August 25-27
- Destination Canada says there is 33 % growth in Indian arrivals
- SpiceJet takes off on UDAN routes
- Gone Viral: Indonesian 'Rainbow Village' is the cynosure of netizen's eyes
- The Peninsula Chicago appoints Toni Robertson as Executive Chef
- Kolkata's Monkey Bar to celebrate World Hamburger Day
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.
Abu Dhabi, Jun 8 (IBNS): Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is promoting a '48-Hour Abu Dhabi Stopover Programme' in Abu Dhabi with curated programmes of up to two nights’ accommodation for passengers who transit through its Abu Dhabi base.
Mumbai, May 18 (NITN): With the onset of the holiday season, JetEscapes Holidays from Jet Airways announced its latest line-up of brand new, all-inclusive holiday options for 2017 summer season.