Not In Town | @notintownlive | 23 May 2017
The US State Department said in a statement that Pakistan continues to experience significant terrorist violence, including sectarian attacks.
"The Department of State warns U.S. citizens against all non-essential travel to Pakistan. This Travel Warning replaces the Travel Warning dated April 12, 2017," read the statement.
The statement further said: "Consular services provided by the American Embassy in Islamabad, the Consulate General in Karachi, and the Consulate General in Lahore are often limited due to the security environment. At this time, the Consulate General in Peshawar is not providing consular services."
The Department said targeted attacks against government officials, humanitarian and non-governmental organization (NGO) employees, tribal elders, and law enforcement personnel are common. Throughout Pakistan, foreign and indigenous terrorist groups continue to pose a danger to U.S. citizens.
"Evidence suggests that some victims of terrorist activity have been targeted because they are U.S. citizens. Terrorists and criminal groups have resorted to kidnapping for ransom," the release issued by the department said.
The department said travel by U.S. government personnel within Pakistan is restricted and movements by U.S. government personnel outside of Islamabad are severely restricted.
PIA Image: AaronC/Wikipedia
Other images: Internet Wallpapers
- Emirates to deploy extra flights for the upcoming Hajj season
- Tourism at a cost
- No exposing legs or arms: Saudi Airlines lists new dress code for passengers
- Canada 150: School of Flavours presents Taste of India food festival
- In doubt about visiting Jordan? Bollywood's Munna Michael will surely convince you to visit
- PopCult to regale diners on Friday evening at Kolkata's Monkey Bar
- Frontiers North Adventures releases 2018 Trip Collection for north Canada
- Scotland celebrates Indian culture at new Purvai festival
- Enjoy NYC's open spaces during the Citi Summer Streets Festival in August
- Canada to celebrate Parks Day on Jul 15
Mumbai, July 29 (NITN): Jet Airways, an airline, on Saturday announced special fares for its services to Amsterdam and Paris for guests travelling to Europe from across its domestic network.
Gurgaon, June 28 (NITN): Airline major Spice Jet on Wednesday announced the Mega Monsoon Sale with one way all inclusive starting fares as low as Rs 699.
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.