Not In Town | @notintownlive
Chef Robertson will oversee all three Peninsula restaurant kitchens (Shanghai Terrace, The Lobby and Pierrot Gourmet), banquets, 24-hour room service and pastry kitchen operations.
Chef Robertson brings with her 30 years of experience as a professional chef in an international capacity, including 24 years as an executive chef.
She has worked in a variety of markets within luxury hotels and resorts designing five-star culinary programs and restaurant concepts.
Describing her culinary style in two words, “Simply elegant,” Chef Robertson said she is constantly inspired by her Asian background and living and working overseas.
Originally from Burma, Robertson’s career began in the United States Air Force medical corps, where she served in various locations in Europe and received the rank of Technical Sergeant.
Inspired by the culinary culture of Europe, she left the military after eight years to attend the Culinary and Hospitality Institute of Chicago, where she graduated first in her class.
After graduating, Robertson jumped right into the culinary world at the Ritz Carlton Hotel Chicago and went on to hold various culinary positions around the world.
She has served as Corporate Chef at both the Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa and Ventana Inn at Big Sur and as Executive Chef at The Palace Hotel at Sun City in South Africa and the St. Regis Hotel & Spa in Los Angeles.
Spending the last 13 years with Mandarin Oriental Hotels, Robertson has held Executive Chef titles at Mandarin Oriental San Francisco, Mandarin Oriental New York and most recently at Mandarin Oriental Singapore.
Speaking about her new job, Robertson said she is thrilled to bring her global expertise back to Chicago, where her culinary journey began.
“I am coming home after many years of living and working around the world and that is a wonderful feeling. Chicago is truly one of the culinary capitals of the US; so many innovative culinary ideas and trends originate in Chicago and the idea of being immersed in that culture of excellence and being inspired and challenged on a daily basis is something I am so excited about,” she said.
Robertson will reside in downtown Chicago.
- Mumbai: The Taj Mahal Palace secures India's first trademark registration for its iconic hotel building and dome
- Indian Railways to run special tourist train to Gandhi circuit
- Qatar Airways say their flights operating smoothly, announces new international flights
- New age theatrical show La Clique Noel to reignite Edinburgh’s Christmas Festival in 2017
- Bhutan: Mountain Echoes Literary Festival 2017 to focus on global issues, to be held from August 25-27
- Destination Canada says there is 33 % growth in Indian arrivals
- SpiceJet takes off on UDAN routes
- Gone Viral: Indonesian 'Rainbow Village' is the cynosure of netizen's eyes
- The Peninsula Chicago appoints Toni Robertson as Executive Chef
- Kolkata's Monkey Bar to celebrate World Hamburger Day
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.
Abu Dhabi, Jun 8 (IBNS): Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is promoting a '48-Hour Abu Dhabi Stopover Programme' in Abu Dhabi with curated programmes of up to two nights’ accommodation for passengers who transit through its Abu Dhabi base.
Mumbai, May 18 (NITN): With the onset of the holiday season, JetEscapes Holidays from Jet Airways announced its latest line-up of brand new, all-inclusive holiday options for 2017 summer season.