Not In Town | @notintownlive | 03 Jun 2017
The hillside slum, located in the Semarang city of the tourist nation has been popularly dubbed as the 'Rainbow Village'.
Reports said that the residents were so tired of the filth and melancholy in the shanty, that they used a makeover to turn it into a popular tourist destination.
Over 200 rooms received a makeover, as local resident, with aides from the government and private companies, picked up paintbrushes to spruce up the area (and spice up their lives).
The idea to turn the slum into a tourist hotspot was first pitched by Slamet Widodo, a teacher, as per a BBC report.
Happy with the turnout in recent days, the residents hope that it will improve their living standards.
- Scotland woos India's Bollywood fans and set-jetters during 20th anniversary of Karan Johar classic
- GuestHouser partners with Indigo as exclusive supplier of holiday homes
- Lonely Planet places Kaohsiung, Taiwan as one of the 'Top 10 cities to visit in 2018!'
- GoAir expands operations at New Delhi
- OYO customers can now choose to receive booking confirmation via WhatsApp
- Geneva to join Zurich as Etihad Airways' fifth European Dreamliner destination
- Emirates celebrates 10 years of connecting Ahmedabad to the world
- GoAir expands operations at Hyderabad
- Ed Sheeran conquers India's tinsel town Mumbai
- Polar Bears International honours conservation heroes with Ice Bear Award
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.
New York, Nov 9 (NITN): Round-trip flights from different cities across the US to Europe have gone cheaper as the fares are now starting at $355.