NITN 14 Jun 2017
Giving wings to the first-of-its-kind scheme in the world conceived to stimulate regional connectivity, the airline, announced the launch of two new daily direct flights on the routes of Mumbai-Porbandar-Mumbai and Mumbai-Kandla-Mumbai effective on July 10.
SpiceJet is the only airline which hasn’t sought subsidy or viability gap funding under this scheme.
SpiceJet was awarded six proposals and eleven routes under the first phase of the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS). Out of the six proposals, four will cater to unserved markets of Adampur, Kandla, Puducherry and Jaisalmer whereas two will be for underserved markets of Porbandar and Kanpur.
On the occasion, Ajay Singh - CMD, SpiceJet said, “I am delighted that SpiceJet is helping realise Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of ensuring that every Indian can fly. UDAN is a grand scheme and we are proud to be amongst the pacesetters for the scheme. It has been our constant endeavour to enable the common man to fly since we began operations 12 years back. We will connect many more small towns and cities in times to come. ”
SpiceJet is India’s largest regional player operating a fleet of 19 Bombardier Q400 planes, which can seat 78 passengers, besides 33 Boeing 737s.
SpiceJet’s Q-400 aircraft – SG 2873, operating on the Mumbai-Porbandar route, will depart from Mumbai for Porbandar at 09.30 AM, whereas SG 2874 will be operational on the Porbandar-Mumbai route departing at 11.05 am. However, the return Porbandar-Mumbai fight will be a non-RCS flight.
The airline will also be operating a daily direct flight on the Mumbai-Kandla route departing from Mumbai at 1.05 pm, whereas the flight on the Kandla-Mumbai route will depart at 3.10 pm.
Under the UDAN scheme, the airline will be operating the new flights on the Mumbai-Porbandar route with RCS seats at INR 2,250 (all in) whereas the fare on the Mumbai-Kandla and Kandla-Mumbai routes would be INR 2,500 (all in) for RCS seats.
- Australia showcases tourism treasures in Adelaide
- Jet Airways to celebrate King's Day in Amsterdam, announces new offers
- Uzbekistan Embassy in India launches online campaign “Visit Uzbekistan - 2018”
- Starbucks keeps feet in Kolkata, opens three stores
- It's service over money for Kerala hospitality service provider Sajan
- Japanese, Singaporean passports named the world's most powerful
- Sydney Harbour Bridge hosts first same-sex marriage in Australia
- Disney announces transformative multi-year expansion for Disneyland Paris
- Uzbekistan gears up to promote pilgrimage tourism
- Disneyland Paris Unveils Plans for New Marvel-Themed Attraction
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.