Giving wings to the first-of-its-kind scheme in the world conceived to stimulate regional connectivity, the airline, announced the launch of two new daily direct flights on the routes of Mumbai-Porbandar-Mumbai and Mumbai-Kandla-Mumbai effective on July 10.
SpiceJet is the only airline which hasn’t sought subsidy or viability gap funding under this scheme.
SpiceJet was awarded six proposals and eleven routes under the first phase of the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS). Out of the six proposals, four will cater to unserved markets of Adampur, Kandla, Puducherry and Jaisalmer whereas two will be for underserved markets of Porbandar and Kanpur.
On the occasion, Ajay Singh - CMD, SpiceJet said, “I am delighted that SpiceJet is helping realise Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of ensuring that every Indian can fly. UDAN is a grand scheme and we are proud to be amongst the pacesetters for the scheme. It has been our constant endeavour to enable the common man to fly since we began operations 12 years back. We will connect many more small towns and cities in times to come. ”
SpiceJet is India’s largest regional player operating a fleet of 19 Bombardier Q400 planes, which can seat 78 passengers, besides 33 Boeing 737s.
SpiceJet’s Q-400 aircraft – SG 2873, operating on the Mumbai-Porbandar route, will depart from Mumbai for Porbandar at 09.30 AM, whereas SG 2874 will be operational on the Porbandar-Mumbai route departing at 11.05 am. However, the return Porbandar-Mumbai fight will be a non-RCS flight.
The airline will also be operating a daily direct flight on the Mumbai-Kandla route departing from Mumbai at 1.05 pm, whereas the flight on the Kandla-Mumbai route will depart at 3.10 pm.
Under the UDAN scheme, the airline will be operating the new flights on the Mumbai-Porbandar route with RCS seats at INR 2,250 (all in) whereas the fare on the Mumbai-Kandla and Kandla-Mumbai routes would be INR 2,500 (all in) for RCS seats.
- Mumbai: The Taj Mahal Palace secures India's first trademark registration for its iconic hotel building and dome
- Indian Railways to run special tourist train to Gandhi circuit
- Qatar Airways say their flights operating smoothly, announces new international flights
- New age theatrical show La Clique Noel to reignite Edinburgh’s Christmas Festival in 2017
- Bhutan: Mountain Echoes Literary Festival 2017 to focus on global issues, to be held from August 25-27
- Destination Canada says there is 33 % growth in Indian arrivals
- SpiceJet takes off on UDAN routes
- Gone Viral: Indonesian 'Rainbow Village' is the cynosure of netizen's eyes
- The Peninsula Chicago appoints Toni Robertson as Executive Chef
- Kolkata's Monkey Bar to celebrate World Hamburger Day
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.
Abu Dhabi, Jun 8 (IBNS): Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is promoting a '48-Hour Abu Dhabi Stopover Programme' in Abu Dhabi with curated programmes of up to two nights’ accommodation for passengers who transit through its Abu Dhabi base.
Mumbai, May 18 (NITN): With the onset of the holiday season, JetEscapes Holidays from Jet Airways announced its latest line-up of brand new, all-inclusive holiday options for 2017 summer season.