The remarkable number of Indian tourists who sojourned in Canada has reiterated that Canada is an all-year-round destination and the 150th year celebrations will continue to lure Indians through the year.
Pooja Sabharwal, Account Director, Destination Canada - India, said, “This manifold rise in arrivals figures shows that all the diverse offerings of Canada are being extensively explored by Indian travellers. There has been a sharp increase in the leisure trips to Canada from India owing to the increased disposable income amongst middle and affluent class travellers."
"Destination Canada’s effort in showcasing the voyagers what’s hidden inside the country is a major contributor to Canada’s dynamic growth. We are hopeful that the country will be gifted with doubled visitor arrivals on its 150th birthday.”
Destination Canada said it is aiming to make 2017 a roaring year for tourism.
It is engaged with the trade on consistent and sustained basis through activities, workshops and networking sessions so that the travel trade stays updated about Canada and become storytellers to create required enthusiasm and excitement amongst potential travellers.
Also, Destination Canada is a digitally-savvy outfit and believes in facilitating tourists to Canada by engaging them in multiple social media campaigns, familiarisations trips and much more.
- Mumbai: The Taj Mahal Palace secures India's first trademark registration for its iconic hotel building and dome
- Indian Railways to run special tourist train to Gandhi circuit
- Qatar Airways say their flights operating smoothly, announces new international flights
- New age theatrical show La Clique Noel to reignite Edinburgh’s Christmas Festival in 2017
- Bhutan: Mountain Echoes Literary Festival 2017 to focus on global issues, to be held from August 25-27
- Destination Canada says there is 33 % growth in Indian arrivals
- SpiceJet takes off on UDAN routes
- Gone Viral: Indonesian 'Rainbow Village' is the cynosure of netizen's eyes
- The Peninsula Chicago appoints Toni Robertson as Executive Chef
- Kolkata's Monkey Bar to celebrate World Hamburger Day
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.
Abu Dhabi, Jun 8 (IBNS): Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is promoting a '48-Hour Abu Dhabi Stopover Programme' in Abu Dhabi with curated programmes of up to two nights’ accommodation for passengers who transit through its Abu Dhabi base.
Mumbai, May 18 (NITN): With the onset of the holiday season, JetEscapes Holidays from Jet Airways announced its latest line-up of brand new, all-inclusive holiday options for 2017 summer season.