NITN 14 Jun 2017
The remarkable number of Indian tourists who sojourned in Canada has reiterated that Canada is an all-year-round destination and the 150th year celebrations will continue to lure Indians through the year.
Pooja Sabharwal, Account Director, Destination Canada - India, said, “This manifold rise in arrivals figures shows that all the diverse offerings of Canada are being extensively explored by Indian travellers. There has been a sharp increase in the leisure trips to Canada from India owing to the increased disposable income amongst middle and affluent class travellers."
"Destination Canada’s effort in showcasing the voyagers what’s hidden inside the country is a major contributor to Canada’s dynamic growth. We are hopeful that the country will be gifted with doubled visitor arrivals on its 150th birthday.”
Destination Canada said it is aiming to make 2017 a roaring year for tourism.
It is engaged with the trade on consistent and sustained basis through activities, workshops and networking sessions so that the travel trade stays updated about Canada and become storytellers to create required enthusiasm and excitement amongst potential travellers.
Also, Destination Canada is a digitally-savvy outfit and believes in facilitating tourists to Canada by engaging them in multiple social media campaigns, familiarisations trips and much more.
- Emirates to deploy extra flights for the upcoming Hajj season
- Tourism at a cost
- No exposing legs or arms: Saudi Airlines lists new dress code for passengers
- Canada 150: School of Flavours presents Taste of India food festival
- In doubt about visiting Jordan? Bollywood's Munna Michael will surely convince you to visit
- PopCult to regale diners on Friday evening at Kolkata's Monkey Bar
- Frontiers North Adventures releases 2018 Trip Collection for north Canada
- Scotland celebrates Indian culture at new Purvai festival
- Enjoy NYC's open spaces during the Citi Summer Streets Festival in August
- Canada to celebrate Parks Day on Jul 15
Mumbai, July 29 (NITN): Jet Airways, an airline, on Saturday announced special fares for its services to Amsterdam and Paris for guests travelling to Europe from across its domestic network.
Gurgaon, June 28 (NITN): Airline major Spice Jet on Wednesday announced the Mega Monsoon Sale with one way all inclusive starting fares as low as Rs 699.
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.