NITN 14 Jun 2017
The remarkable number of Indian tourists who sojourned in Canada has reiterated that Canada is an all-year-round destination and the 150th year celebrations will continue to lure Indians through the year.
Pooja Sabharwal, Account Director, Destination Canada - India, said, “This manifold rise in arrivals figures shows that all the diverse offerings of Canada are being extensively explored by Indian travellers. There has been a sharp increase in the leisure trips to Canada from India owing to the increased disposable income amongst middle and affluent class travellers."
"Destination Canada’s effort in showcasing the voyagers what’s hidden inside the country is a major contributor to Canada’s dynamic growth. We are hopeful that the country will be gifted with doubled visitor arrivals on its 150th birthday.”
Destination Canada said it is aiming to make 2017 a roaring year for tourism.
It is engaged with the trade on consistent and sustained basis through activities, workshops and networking sessions so that the travel trade stays updated about Canada and become storytellers to create required enthusiasm and excitement amongst potential travellers.
Also, Destination Canada is a digitally-savvy outfit and believes in facilitating tourists to Canada by engaging them in multiple social media campaigns, familiarisations trips and much more.
- It’s time for Retreat Taiwan!
- WTTC announces Christopher J. Nassetta as chairman-elect
- TripShelf partners with Abu Dhabi to promote tourism
- India holds Paryatan Parv to popularise tourism in the country
- Emirates and flydubai partnership announces first codeshare routes
- Thai Lion Air to operate twice a week flight on Mumbai-Don Mueang (Bangkok) route
- Luxperience: More than a travel trade show
- Tourism Australia appoints Parineeti Chopra as brand ambassador
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa of Indonesia win multiple tourism awards
- India emerges among high growth tourist markets for Vienna
Mumbai, July 29 (NITN): Jet Airways, an airline, on Saturday announced special fares for its services to Amsterdam and Paris for guests travelling to Europe from across its domestic network.
Gurgaon, June 28 (NITN): Airline major Spice Jet on Wednesday announced the Mega Monsoon Sale with one way all inclusive starting fares as low as Rs 699.
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.