NITN | @notintownlive | 08 Jul 2017
The objective of this event was to highlight and boom Sri Lanka as a leading leisure and MICE destination.
Top of the line travel professionals attended the event as well as interacted with the SLTPB team, to understand the unique offerings for Indian travellers in Sri Lanka.
SLTPB expects more than 26% growth in the footfall this year and aims for about 4, 50,000 Indian tourist, to discover the beautiful destination in 2017.
Sri Lanka is growing as, ‘a destination for all seasons’! The year 2016 saw approximately 356,729 Indian tourist visiting Sri Lanka compared to around 3,16,247 in 2015. In 2016 destination Sri Lanka, saw a growth of 12.8% in Indian arrival over last year. The country is a top-notch tourist destination and known as the Wonder of Asia for its long preserved culture and heritage. Witnessing the growth and potential from India, SLTPB has taken a step forward in consolidating their presence in the Indian market.
Viranga Bandara, Assistant Director /Marketing (India) on his visit to India conversed with the travel fraternity to promote Sri Lanka as the exotic destination among niche travellers and holiday makers.
He said, “Sri Lanka has gained immense popularity in India and has experienced a consistent growth over the period. We have come first to Kolkata to explore this beautiful landmark of joyful people and tap the travel agents to increase the flow of business. We will also be participating at the travel fairs in Kolkata & other cities of India to enhance destination visibility among travel trade & consumers, to further consolidate Sri Lanka’s position as preferred destination for Indian travellers. We are confident that in 2017 a lot of more Indians will choose Sri Lanka as their preferred holiday destination. Sri Lanka wholeheartedly welcomes Indians. On 6th July, Sri Lankan airlines launch its operations from three more cities of India; Hyderabad, Coimbatore & Visakhapatnam. With this addition Sri Lankan airlines will now provide direct connectivity from 14 Indian cities with over 100 flights including Kolkata."
- Scotland woos India's Bollywood fans and set-jetters during 20th anniversary of Karan Johar classic
- GuestHouser partners with Indigo as exclusive supplier of holiday homes
- Lonely Planet places Kaohsiung, Taiwan as one of the 'Top 10 cities to visit in 2018!'
- GoAir expands operations at New Delhi
- OYO customers can now choose to receive booking confirmation via WhatsApp
- Geneva to join Zurich as Etihad Airways' fifth European Dreamliner destination
- Emirates celebrates 10 years of connecting Ahmedabad to the world
- GoAir expands operations at Hyderabad
- Ed Sheeran conquers India's tinsel town Mumbai
- Polar Bears International honours conservation heroes with Ice Bear Award
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.
New York, Nov 9 (NITN): Round-trip flights from different cities across the US to Europe have gone cheaper as the fares are now starting at $355.