NITN | @notintownlive | 18 Jul 2017
Called the Citi Summer Streets, nearly seven miles of NYC's streets are opened on three consecutive Saturdays in August.
In 2017, the festival will be held on August 5, 12 and 19 from 7 AM to 1 PM.
Summer Streets is a project of the New York City Department of Transportation, and is held in collaboration with other city agencies and organisations.
According to the organisers, Summer Streets provides space for healthy recreation and encourages New Yorkers to use more sustainable forms of transportation. In 2016, nearly 300,000 people took advantage of the open streets.
Summer Streets extends from the Brooklyn Bridge to Central Park, along Park Avenue and connecting streets, with easy access from all points in New York City, allowing participants to plan a trip as long or short as they wish.
All activities at Summer Streets are free of charge, and designed for people of all ages and ability levels to share the streets respectfully, the organiser said.
More information: nyc.gov/summerstreets
- Emirates to deploy extra flights for the upcoming Hajj season
- Tourism at a cost
- No exposing legs or arms: Saudi Airlines lists new dress code for passengers
- Canada 150: School of Flavours presents Taste of India food festival
- In doubt about visiting Jordan? Bollywood's Munna Michael will surely convince you to visit
- PopCult to regale diners on Friday evening at Kolkata's Monkey Bar
- Frontiers North Adventures releases 2018 Trip Collection for north Canada
- Scotland celebrates Indian culture at new Purvai festival
- Enjoy NYC's open spaces during the Citi Summer Streets Festival in August
- Canada to celebrate Parks Day on Jul 15
Mumbai, July 29 (NITN): Jet Airways, an airline, on Saturday announced special fares for its services to Amsterdam and Paris for guests travelling to Europe from across its domestic network.
Gurgaon, June 28 (NITN): Airline major Spice Jet on Wednesday announced the Mega Monsoon Sale with one way all inclusive starting fares as low as Rs 699.
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.