NITN | @notintownlive | 05 Oct 2017
The Parv was inaugurated at the Humayun’s Tomb, New Delhi in the presence of Alphons Kannanthanam, Union Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology, Culture, and Tourism.
A cultural programme with Meera Bhajans by Vidya Shah and Dastan-e-Amir Khusrau presented by Dr. Syeda Hameed, Zakia Zaheer & Rene Singh was also presented on the occasion.
The Paryatan Parv will culminate in a three-day event in New Delhi from Oct 23-25, 2017.
The programme is being organized with the objective of drawing focus on the benefits of tourism, showcasing the cultural diversity of the country and reinforcing the principle of “Tourism for All”.
Paryatan Parv will have three main components.
The 'Dekho Apna Desh' will aim to encourage Indians to visit their own country. 'Tourism for All' will focus on tourism events at sites across all states in the country while interactive sessions and workshops with stakeholders on various themes will be held under 'Tourism and Governance'.
During this period, the Ministry of External Affairs through the Indian Missions overseas, is conducting outreach programmes to encourage people to visit India.
The “Adopt a Heritage” project launched by the Ministry of Tourism will be implemented at key sites during this period. Wayside Amenities for tourists will also be launched at important sites in identified circuits, the Ministry said in a release.
Image: Incredible India/Twitter
- Falling stone fragment kills Florence church tourist
- It’s time for Retreat Taiwan!
- WTTC announces Christopher J. Nassetta as chairman-elect
- TripShelf partners with Abu Dhabi to promote tourism
- India holds Paryatan Parv to popularise tourism in the country
- Emirates and flydubai partnership announces first codeshare routes
- Thai Lion Air to operate twice a week flight on Mumbai-Don Mueang (Bangkok) route
- Luxperience: More than a travel trade show
- Tourism Australia appoints Parineeti Chopra as brand ambassador
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa of Indonesia win multiple tourism awards
Mumbai, July 29 (NITN): Jet Airways, an airline, on Saturday announced special fares for its services to Amsterdam and Paris for guests travelling to Europe from across its domestic network.
Gurgaon, June 28 (NITN): Airline major Spice Jet on Wednesday announced the Mega Monsoon Sale with one way all inclusive starting fares as low as Rs 699.
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.