Not In Town | @notintownlive | 23 Dec 2017
Ottawa, Dec 23 (NITN): Citing public safety, Transport Canada suspended all West Wind flights after one of its planes crashed in Fond-du-Lac. Sask.., recently, media reports said.
In the crash on Dec 13, around 25 on board received injuries, including some serious ones, though no one died.
Following the suspension, all flights are grounded.
Transport Canada said the Air Operator Certificate of the company has been suspended after it found that airline has deficiencies in company's Operational Control System.
Transport Canada had earlier ruled out any engine failure as the cause of the crash but the cause is still unknown.
West Wind said they have voluntarily stopped all operations in the last 10 days.
The company was quoted by CBC News: "We are working diligently to resolve any issues, with the aim of restarting operations as soon as possible."
Transport Canada said it will monitor the actions taken by West Wind Aviations as it is eager to abide by the safety regulations.
- Army and air force evacuate tourists, others from landslide-hit SIkkim
- Kerala optimistic with tourist arrival from Australia
- Marathon to revive quake-hit Lombok tourism in Indonesia
- Vanishing ice boost to polar bear tourism in Alaska
- UN body push for wine tourism
- Jet Airways' Mumbai-Manchester Service to now operate five days a week
- Norwegian Escape cruise ship lights up the stage with Broadway star power
- Post flood, Kerala campaigns to bring back tourists
- From November, tourists to UAE can claim VAT refund
- Swooping down on Vienna
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.