Not In Town | @notintownlive | 23 Dec 2017
Ottawa, Dec 23 (NITN): Citing public safety, Transport Canada suspended all West Wind flights after one of its planes crashed in Fond-du-Lac. Sask.., recently, media reports said.
In the crash on Dec 13, around 25 on board received injuries, including some serious ones, though no one died.
Following the suspension, all flights are grounded.
Transport Canada said the Air Operator Certificate of the company has been suspended after it found that airline has deficiencies in company's Operational Control System.
Transport Canada had earlier ruled out any engine failure as the cause of the crash but the cause is still unknown.
West Wind said they have voluntarily stopped all operations in the last 10 days.
The company was quoted by CBC News: "We are working diligently to resolve any issues, with the aim of restarting operations as soon as possible."
Transport Canada said it will monitor the actions taken by West Wind Aviations as it is eager to abide by the safety regulations.
- Starbucks keeps feet in Kolkata, opens three stores
- It's service over money for Kerala hospitality service provider Sajan
- Japanese, Singaporean passports named the world's most powerful
- Sydney Harbour Bridge hosts first same-sex marriage in Australia
- Disney announces transformative multi-year expansion for Disneyland Paris
- Uzbekistan gears up to promote pilgrimage tourism
- Disneyland Paris Unveils Plans for New Marvel-Themed Attraction
- Canada to launch border security app for fast moving of travelers
- Emergency in Maldives can deal body blow to its tourism industry
- Cathay Pacific partners with Pure Yoga to bring yoga to the sky
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.