Not In Town | @notintownlive | 20 Jan 2018
Abu Dhabi, Jan 20 (NITN): Senior Etihad Airways executive, Andrew Fisher, embarks on a journey of a lifetime on Jan 21 when he attempts to break the world record by flying around the globe in the shortest time frame on scheduled flights, and with the fewest number of sectors
Fisher, who works as the airline’s Vice President Fleet Planning, hopes to shave three hours off the current record of over 55 hours by completing the journey in only four sectors.
His flight path begins in the early hours of Sunday morning in Shanghai, taking him to Auckland, Buenos Aires and Amsterdam before returning to the Chinese city in the early hours of Tuesday morning, Jan 23.
A self-proclaimed ‘aviation geek’ with a love of studying airline networks and schedules, Abu Dhabi-based Andrew is well placed to chart his journey and fulfill a dream he has been keen to attempt for over 20 years.
“It’s about time the job was done,” he said. “The planning has taken a long time, essentially to ensure the flight timings, routings and transits are kept as tight as possible and there is only a short window of opportunity for this to happen.”
The progress of Andrew’s record-breaking attempt can be followed on Twitter at @AndrewFisherNZ
- Dubrovnik in Croation reels from tourist deluge
- Town declares itself Scotland’s Chilli Capital
- Reeling under overtourism, Venice considers new restrictions on visitors
- Army and air force evacuate tourists, others from landslide-hit SIkkim
- Kerala optimistic with tourist arrival from Australia
- Marathon to revive quake-hit Lombok tourism in Indonesia
- Vanishing ice boost to polar bear tourism in Alaska
- UN body push for wine tourism
- Jet Airways' Mumbai-Manchester Service to now operate five days a week
- Norwegian Escape cruise ship lights up the stage with Broadway star power
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.