Not In Town | @notintownlive | 13 Feb 2018
Ottawa, Feb 13 (NITN): Canada will launch its new border security app to allow its citizens to cross borders with ease simply by filing personal details, media reports said.
The app which can be downloaded on mobile phones needs filing of personal details for fast moving across borders.
The Known Travelers Digital Identity will require details including university education, bank statements and vaccination records.
The Known Travelers Digital Identity, the programme, is a joint venture by Canada and Netherlands.
The programme is expected to roll out globally by 2020.
The travelers will require to appear for screening, which Border Expert Bill Anderson wants that to be way before the trip date.
The programme will require biometric details too like retina and facial recognition for faster identification.
Head of the Cross-Border Institute at the University of Windsor was quoted by CBC News saying, "The prevailing paradigm in border management is that we need to have risk assessment, and we need to identify those people who are very, very low risk so that you can focus your resources on the ones that you haven't identified as low risk".
The programme will be developed by technology company Accenture.
Accenture has stated the personal details of the users will be kept secured. Data privacy will be maintained, the company said.
In a statement to CBC News, Accenture said: "No personal information is stored on the ledger itself, ensuring that personal information is not consolidated in one system, which would make it a high value target for subversion."
The upcoming project was announced at the World Economic Forum last month. The WEF was held in Davos, Switzerland this year.
- Swooping down on Vienna
- Norwegian Cruise Line announces enhancements to meet strong demand in highly sought after destinations
- California's Beverly Wilshire hotel launches Secret Rose Garden
- Passengers demand the best of experiences, reveals Turkish Airlines Aviation Trends India Survey
- Mount Agung in Bali active again, airports shut
- USTOA members embrace solo travellers with new Itineraries, savings and much more
- Ocean Park Hong Kong’s summer celebrations to begin on June 30.
- Be inspired by Lisbon to live your life today
- Uzbekistan will develop free tourist zone (FTZ) Charvak
- Jazeera Airways commences direct flight between Mumbai and Kuwait
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.