Not In Town | @notintownlive | 13 Feb 2018
Ottawa, Feb 13 (NITN): Canada will launch its new border security app to allow its citizens to cross borders with ease simply by filing personal details, media reports said.
The app which can be downloaded on mobile phones needs filing of personal details for fast moving across borders.
The Known Travelers Digital Identity will require details including university education, bank statements and vaccination records.
The Known Travelers Digital Identity, the programme, is a joint venture by Canada and Netherlands.
The programme is expected to roll out globally by 2020.
The travelers will require to appear for screening, which Border Expert Bill Anderson wants that to be way before the trip date.
The programme will require biometric details too like retina and facial recognition for faster identification.
Head of the Cross-Border Institute at the University of Windsor was quoted by CBC News saying, "The prevailing paradigm in border management is that we need to have risk assessment, and we need to identify those people who are very, very low risk so that you can focus your resources on the ones that you haven't identified as low risk".
The programme will be developed by technology company Accenture.
Accenture has stated the personal details of the users will be kept secured. Data privacy will be maintained, the company said.
In a statement to CBC News, Accenture said: "No personal information is stored on the ledger itself, ensuring that personal information is not consolidated in one system, which would make it a high value target for subversion."
The upcoming project was announced at the World Economic Forum last month. The WEF was held in Davos, Switzerland this year.
- Etihad Airways to increase flights from Abu Dhabi to London during April
- Uzbekistan to host International Forum on Pilgrimage Tourism
- UNESCO: Uzbekistan is the heart of Central Asia
- Travel aggregator's alternative for fliers hit by Mumbai, Bangalore airport disruptions
- Expedition cruise specialist One Ocean Expeditions (OOE) offers beyond tourism experience for travellers
- Japan Airlines announces nonstop service to Bengaluru
- 2018 was a landmark year for Indian Arrivals to Jordan
- Reception of India-Japan Tourism Council meeting celebrates success
- 70,800 Indians visited Israel in 2018
- Uzbekistan announces visa waiver for citizens of 45 countries
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.