Not In Town | @notintownlive | 13 Feb 2018
Ottawa, Feb 13 (NITN): Canada will launch its new border security app to allow its citizens to cross borders with ease simply by filing personal details, media reports said.
The app which can be downloaded on mobile phones needs filing of personal details for fast moving across borders.
The Known Travelers Digital Identity will require details including university education, bank statements and vaccination records.
The Known Travelers Digital Identity, the programme, is a joint venture by Canada and Netherlands.
The programme is expected to roll out globally by 2020.
The travelers will require to appear for screening, which Border Expert Bill Anderson wants that to be way before the trip date.
The programme will require biometric details too like retina and facial recognition for faster identification.
Head of the Cross-Border Institute at the University of Windsor was quoted by CBC News saying, "The prevailing paradigm in border management is that we need to have risk assessment, and we need to identify those people who are very, very low risk so that you can focus your resources on the ones that you haven't identified as low risk".
The programme will be developed by technology company Accenture.
Accenture has stated the personal details of the users will be kept secured. Data privacy will be maintained, the company said.
In a statement to CBC News, Accenture said: "No personal information is stored on the ledger itself, ensuring that personal information is not consolidated in one system, which would make it a high value target for subversion."
The upcoming project was announced at the World Economic Forum last month. The WEF was held in Davos, Switzerland this year.
- Gül Baba tomb in Budapest attracts thousands
- The Sharjah Light Festival woos tourists for 2019
- Experience the wonderful Winter Village in Oman
- More than 239 thousand foreign tourists visited Samarkand this year in Uzbekistan, says official
- Etihad Airways launches new economy space
- Jet Airways introduces five new routes, to operate 132 new weekly services this winter
- Cathay Pacific: Data breach affects airline, at least 9.4 million passengers hit
- Norwegian Cruise Line to host Jon Bon Jovi's ‘Runaway to Paradise Cruises' in Spring and Summer 2019
- Uzbekistan Airways to start Mumbai-Tashkent direct flights from Oct end
- Uzbekistan wins National Geographic Traveler Awards
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.