NITN | @notintownlive | 01 Mar 2018
Sydney: Writing their names in history book, Warren Orlandi has married his partner on the top of Sydney Harbour Bridge of Australia, media reports said.
Orlandi and Paul Phillips tied the nuptial knots on Thursday.
It was for the first time that a gay couple married on the iconic bridge.
“Today’s journey of more than 1000 steps is one chapter of a much bigger journey for us finding each other and this is an unforgettable moment in a very special place that we get to share with our loved ones,” Orlandi was quoted as saying by The New Daily.
“The Sydney Harbour Bridge is truly special to us," he said.
Australian Parliament legalised same-sex marriage in the country last year.
The law change was inevitable after nearly 62 percent of the 12.7 million people voted in favour of the change.
The vote, which went on for two months, was done via a non-binding postal survey.
Image: Warren Orlandi Facebook page
- Dubrovnik in Croation reels from tourist deluge
- Town declares itself Scotland’s Chilli Capital
- Reeling under overtourism, Venice considers new restrictions on visitors
- Army and air force evacuate tourists, others from landslide-hit SIkkim
- Kerala optimistic with tourist arrival from Australia
- Marathon to revive quake-hit Lombok tourism in Indonesia
- Vanishing ice boost to polar bear tourism in Alaska
- UN body push for wine tourism
- Jet Airways' Mumbai-Manchester Service to now operate five days a week
- Norwegian Escape cruise ship lights up the stage with Broadway star power
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.