NITN | @notintownlive | 10 May 2018
Mumbai, May 9 (NITN): Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA) is set to welcome another international airline, Kuwait’s Jazeera Airways, which will commence operations between the Middle Eastern country and India’s financial capital, Mumbai from May 10, 2018.
The airline has started operations to Mumbai with 7 flights a week onboard its dual-class Airbus A320 aircraft.
By commencing operations to the CSIA, Jazeera has become one of the largest carriers into India from Kuwait. It will now be able to offer guests far greater reach and connectivity across a wider network of destinations domestically and abroad.
A growing Indian expatriate population in Kuwait and strengthening trade ties between India and Kuwait are fueling demand for travel between the two countries. This expanded reach that Jazeera’s flights to Mumbai will offer, will especially benefit those travelling on business between the two countries.
Mumbai’s CSIA has 53 passenger airlines operating to 96 destinations in India and around the world.
Accounting for 17 percent for overall air traffic in India, the airport boasts state-of-the-art technology and infrastructure that allows airlines to commence direct flight operations to meet growing demand from the increasingly larger numbers of domestic and international travelers transiting through the city. Holding the proud record for handling the most daily air traffic movements (ATMs) by a single-runway airport, CSIA also briefly earned the distinction of being the only airport in India to handle 4 code F operations per day.
- Uzbekistan to host International Forum on Pilgrimage Tourism
- UNESCO: Uzbekistan is the heart of Central Asia
- Travel aggregator's alternative for fliers hit by Mumbai, Bangalore airport disruptions
- Expedition cruise specialist One Ocean Expeditions (OOE) offers beyond tourism experience for travellers
- Japan Airlines announces nonstop service to Bengaluru
- 2018 was a landmark year for Indian Arrivals to Jordan
- Reception of India-Japan Tourism Council meeting celebrates success
- 70,800 Indians visited Israel in 2018
- Uzbekistan announces visa waiver for citizens of 45 countries
- Etihad Airways to introduce Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Barcelona
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).