NITN | @notintownlive | 13 Jun 2018
The sunny capital of Portugal, Lisbon disguises itself as a quaint coastal town during the day which, by night, turns into a cosmopolitan city with mega-clubs lined along the waterfront from Santos to Santa Apolónia.
Laid-back and relaxed- Lisbon is a dream come true for those who wish for a relaxed time by the beach or a slow walking tour along cobbled alleyways and ancient ruins. A mild climate with more than 3,000 hours of sunshine a year, fabulous beaches, and the trademark seven hills that surround Lisbon allow for a myriad of spots from where you could capture a scenic view of the city.
One of the world's oldest cities, Lisbon predates the likes of London, Rome and Paris by hundreds of years. Home to a culture that has brought about much archaeological advancement, the must-see historical sites of Lisbon are the Jerónimos Monastery and Belém tower, both classified as UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Rebuilt after the devastating 1755 earthquake, the Lisbon Baixa attracts the most visitors because of its connection with history, and simultaneously also because of urban delights. Considered as downtown Lisbon, it was a historical square designed in a fascinating earthquake-resistant neoclassical fashion. Now lined with cafes that are perfect for quiet evening meals, Baixa is open till late at night, which is when the party-goers flock into the plazas and avenues for a night on the town.
From the winding streets, centuries-old houses and traditional shops, Lisbon is surrounded by nostalgia for its past, but the people have learnt to not dwell on it. In fact, sunny Lisbon warmly invites you to learn the art of leisure from the city and its people, to follow the relaxed cafe culture, to unwind and live life to the fullest.
- Club Med showcases Amazing Family program for family holiday memories
- Catch the Mango Matinee at The Fatty Bao Kolkata
- Raise a dram to Scotland on World Whisky Day on May 18
- Israel Ministry of Tourism hosts a women’s special group of Indian travel agents to Israel
- Air Asia to introduce Kolkata-Chennai direct flight
- Etihad Airways increases frequencies to London Hethrow for busy summer season
- SpiceJet introduces Business Class on select flights
- Add variety to your Mother's Day celebration by taking her to these three restaurants
- Keep cool with Yauatcha's summer special offer in May
- Beat the Kolkata summer with a fruity break at the JW Lounge
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.