NITN | @notintownlive | 13 Jun 2018
The sunny capital of Portugal, Lisbon disguises itself as a quaint coastal town during the day which, by night, turns into a cosmopolitan city with mega-clubs lined along the waterfront from Santos to Santa Apolónia.
Laid-back and relaxed- Lisbon is a dream come true for those who wish for a relaxed time by the beach or a slow walking tour along cobbled alleyways and ancient ruins. A mild climate with more than 3,000 hours of sunshine a year, fabulous beaches, and the trademark seven hills that surround Lisbon allow for a myriad of spots from where you could capture a scenic view of the city.
One of the world's oldest cities, Lisbon predates the likes of London, Rome and Paris by hundreds of years. Home to a culture that has brought about much archaeological advancement, the must-see historical sites of Lisbon are the Jerónimos Monastery and Belém tower, both classified as UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Rebuilt after the devastating 1755 earthquake, the Lisbon Baixa attracts the most visitors because of its connection with history, and simultaneously also because of urban delights. Considered as downtown Lisbon, it was a historical square designed in a fascinating earthquake-resistant neoclassical fashion. Now lined with cafes that are perfect for quiet evening meals, Baixa is open till late at night, which is when the party-goers flock into the plazas and avenues for a night on the town.
From the winding streets, centuries-old houses and traditional shops, Lisbon is surrounded by nostalgia for its past, but the people have learnt to not dwell on it. In fact, sunny Lisbon warmly invites you to learn the art of leisure from the city and its people, to follow the relaxed cafe culture, to unwind and live life to the fullest.
- Swooping down on Vienna
- Norwegian Cruise Line announces enhancements to meet strong demand in highly sought after destinations
- California's Beverly Wilshire hotel launches Secret Rose Garden
- Passengers demand the best of experiences, reveals Turkish Airlines Aviation Trends India Survey
- Mount Agung in Bali active again, airports shut
- USTOA members embrace solo travellers with new Itineraries, savings and much more
- Ocean Park Hong Kong’s summer celebrations to begin on June 30.
- Be inspired by Lisbon to live your life today
- Uzbekistan will develop free tourist zone (FTZ) Charvak
- Jazeera Airways commences direct flight between Mumbai and Kuwait
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.