NITN | @notintownlive | 05 Sep 2018
Dubai, Sep 5 (IBNS/NITN): The UAE has announced that eligible tourists will be able to receive a proportion of the VAT as a refund when they shop at registered stores from later this year, the Khaleej Times reported.
Eligible retailers would be able to register for the Tax Refund Scheme from September 10.
Outlets and points of sales across the country will be connected for proper implementation of the tourist refund programme.
To benefit from the scheme, tourists would need to purchase goods from retailers registered in the system.
Tourists will be able to claim their refunds through an electronic system, the report added.
- India is fastest growing market for Australia tourism, says top official at 40 Years of Aussie Travel Trade Fair
- Notre-Dame fire in Paris under control but a rich history in the ashes
- Sabyasachi shoots first ever destination wedding collection in Seychelles
- Wow Air ceases operations, thousands left in lurch
- Qatar Visa Center inaugurated in Mumbai
- Uzbekistan showcases Namangan at travel fair in Mumbai
- The historical Fergana region of Uzbekistan gets ready for tourism boom
- Uzbekistan developing historic site of Akhsikent into a global tourism attraction
- Women's Day: Vistara becomes first Indian airline to provide sanitary pads onboard domestic flights
- India becomes 2nd highest source market for tourism to the Sultanate of Oman
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.