NITN | @notintownlive | 05 Sep 2018
Dubai, Sep 5 (IBNS/NITN): The UAE has announced that eligible tourists will be able to receive a proportion of the VAT as a refund when they shop at registered stores from later this year, the Khaleej Times reported.
Eligible retailers would be able to register for the Tax Refund Scheme from September 10.
Outlets and points of sales across the country will be connected for proper implementation of the tourist refund programme.
To benefit from the scheme, tourists would need to purchase goods from retailers registered in the system.
Tourists will be able to claim their refunds through an electronic system, the report added.
- 70,800 Indians visited Israel in 2018
- Uzbekistan announces visa waiver for citizens of 45 countries
- Etihad Airways to introduce Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Barcelona
- Where to travel in 2019: USTOA names Italy as top destination
- Perth Airport introduces sleeping pods for passengers
- Sai Teerth: Maharashtra gets India’s first devotional theme park
- Experience Japan's greatest gift to the world -- Wrestle like a Sumo!
- Elusive carnivores fishers from weasel family released in North Cascades National Park of USA's Washington State
- Paris tourist advisory: Iconic Eiffel Tower might remain closed Saturday amid protest fears
- Etihad Airways launches inaugural flight to Barcelona
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).