NITN | @notintownlive | 16 Sep 2018
Jakarta, Sep 16 (IBNS/NITN): A marathon will be held to revive tourism in the Lombok island of Indonesia, which experienced a series of earthquakes recently, Xinhua reported.
Indonesia's sports minister Imam Nahravi said at least 2,000 runners would take part in the event, named Mekaki Marathon.
"The event is expected to restore international trust on tourism in Lombok," the minister said.
The October 28 marathon would start from the Mekaki beach in southern Lombok, which is unaffected by the earthquake.
- Uzbekistan Airways to start Mumbai-Tashkent direct flights from Oct end
- Uzbekistan wins National Geographic Traveler Awards
- International meet in Greece on silk route tourism
- Watch a movie at a morgue in Vancouver
- Emirates starts Dubai-Edinburgh flight
- Dubrovnik in Croatia reels from tourist deluge
- Town declares itself Scotland’s Chilli Capital
- Reeling under overtourism, Venice considers new restrictions on visitors
- Army and air force evacuate tourists, others from landslide-hit SIkkim
- Kerala optimistic with tourist arrival from Australia
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.