NITN | @notintownlive | 06 Oct 2018
Dubrovnik, Sep 23 (IBNS/NITN): This old Croatian town is bursting at its seams with swarms of tourists visiting the place every day to see the shooting locations of popular TV series Game of Thrones.
Several cruise ships anchor at the Unesco World Heritage Site on a daily basis and empty thousands of tourists on the streets of the town of 2,500 residents.
“It’s like living in the middle of Disneyland,” AP quotes a town resident.
“We feel sorry for ourselves, but also for them (the tourists) because they can’t feel the town anymore because they are knocking into other tourists.”
Swagata Basu from India, who visited the town earlier this month with her Game of Thrones fan friend, said: "Dubrovnik is amazingly beautiful. I just wish there were less people jostling around."
So, just in case you are a Game of Thrones fan planning a visit to Dubrovnik, be aware that the reality might very well not match the King's Landing in your head.
- Uzbekistan showcases Namangan at travel fair in Mumbai
- The historical Fergana region of Uzbekistan gets ready for tourism boom
- Uzbekistan developing historic site of Akhsikent into a global tourism attraction
- Women's Day: Vistara becomes first Indian airline to provide sanitary pads onboard domestic flights
- India becomes 2nd highest source market for tourism to the Sultanate of Oman
- Israeli airline Arkia to launch direct flight operations to Goa and Kochi from Tel Aviv
- Etihad Airways to increase flights from Abu Dhabi to London during April
- Uzbekistan to host International Forum on Pilgrimage Tourism
- UNESCO: Uzbekistan is the heart of Central Asia
- Travel aggregator's alternative for fliers hit by Mumbai, Bangalore airport disruptions
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.