NITN | @notintownlive | 10 Oct 2018
Athens, Oct 10 (IBNS/NITN): The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), the Ministry of Tourism of Greece and the Region of Central Macedonia have partnered together to organize the 8th UNWTO International Meeting on Silk Road Tourism in Thessaloniki, Greece on 10-12 October 2018.
Following the success of the previous two editions in Dunhuang (2013) and Xi’an (2015) in China, this international Silk Road meeting will be hosted for the very first time by a European Silk Road Member State, and focus on the overarching role and relevance of the Silk Road within a globalized tourism framework.
To count upon the participation of Silk Road Member States, UNWTO Affiliate Members and international partner agencies, interested stakeholders from around the globe, both public and private, are invited to attend an event that will count upon a ministerial roundtable and specialized sessions focused on assessing the role and relevance of the historic Silk Road routes within a globalized setting.
Together with the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA), a joint session assessing the Silk Road's role in bridging Europe with Asia will take place, after which a B2B session aimed at strengthening business ties between European and Asian stakeholders will be held during the second day of the event.
Primarily focused on tourism partnerships, but open to all business sectors, stakeholders interested in exploring the vast opportunities of trans-continental exchange are encouraged to make the most of this networking opportunity.
- Palladium Hotel Group continues to remove single-use plastics, reinforces its environmental policy
- Experience some of the world’s rarest species of flora and fauna in Seychelles
- Club Med announces new APAC leadership and regional organisation
- Sammy Yahia appointed as the new Director of Tourism for Israel in India
- Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts showcases Sri Lanka's natural world as sustainable tourism product
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Ibiza: Fashion and music take centre stage at 3rd edition
- Repair to the Irish House if you have caught the World Cup fever
- Tel Aviv Pride Parade 2019: Witness one of the biggest LGBTQ celebrations
- Pamper your superhero this Father’s Day with a lavish brunch at JW Marriott Kolkata
- Sunday Brunch with Monkey 47 At Yauatcha Kolkata
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.