NITN | @notintownlive | 10 Oct 2018
Athens, Oct 10 (IBNS/NITN): The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), the Ministry of Tourism of Greece and the Region of Central Macedonia have partnered together to organize the 8th UNWTO International Meeting on Silk Road Tourism in Thessaloniki, Greece on 10-12 October 2018.
Following the success of the previous two editions in Dunhuang (2013) and Xi’an (2015) in China, this international Silk Road meeting will be hosted for the very first time by a European Silk Road Member State, and focus on the overarching role and relevance of the Silk Road within a globalized tourism framework.
To count upon the participation of Silk Road Member States, UNWTO Affiliate Members and international partner agencies, interested stakeholders from around the globe, both public and private, are invited to attend an event that will count upon a ministerial roundtable and specialized sessions focused on assessing the role and relevance of the historic Silk Road routes within a globalized setting.
Together with the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA), a joint session assessing the Silk Road's role in bridging Europe with Asia will take place, after which a B2B session aimed at strengthening business ties between European and Asian stakeholders will be held during the second day of the event.
Primarily focused on tourism partnerships, but open to all business sectors, stakeholders interested in exploring the vast opportunities of trans-continental exchange are encouraged to make the most of this networking opportunity.
- Indian gastronomy takes centre stage in Israel
- Visit Oman to experience cool wadis, green hills and pleasant weather
- Months after Easter bombings, international celebrities show support for Sri Lanka, urge people to visit the island
- Dan Hotels announces re-opening of Dan Caesarea in Israel
- Etihad Airways introduces larger aircraft to accommodate growth of three key Asian routes
- Record number of international holiday visitors to WA
- UK artist Bruce Munro's art installation attracts 29,453 people in western Australia
- Content creators from across the globe to attend GoPro Creator Summit in Kimberley
- Cox & Kings expects travel demand to surge by 20 per cent this monsoon
- Uzbekistan amends rules for residence permit for foreigners and for guide services
Mumbai, June 24: To attract Indian outbound tourists, Sri Lanka Tourism in collaboration with SriLankan Airlines, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL) and inbound tour operators has introduced attractive packages, specifically targeting its big neighbour, the number one source market, to revive the industry that had a temporary setback recently from terror attacks.
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.