NITN | @notintownlive | 17 Oct 2018
New Delhi, Oct 17 (IBNS) Uzbekistan Airways is set to launch its Mumbai-Tashkent direct flight. This makes Mumbai the third destination on its route network from India, others being Delhi and Amritsar.
The airline will operate thrice-a-week flight from Mumbai which will start towards the end of this month.
Speaking on the occasion in Mumbai, Farhod Arziev, Ambassador to India, Republic of Uzbekistan, said that the new flight from Mumbai to
Tashkent clearly indicates that people to people contact between the countries are expanding. “Establishing new connectivity is important
for the expansion of tourism,” the Ambassador said.
He also said that for Uzbekistan, India is an important partner in tourism.
Justifying the new connectivity, Arziev said that the trend is lot of people from India want to travel abroad and “we have to take advantage of this
opportunity.” “Our relation with India is very strong which dates back to centuries,” he said.
Speaking to TravelBiz Monitor, Azimkhon Khodjaev, Head of Marketing and Network Planning, Commercial Department, Uzbekistan
Airways, said that Mumbai is one of the most prominent cultural and business centres of India.
“That is why it is a very attractive city for us,” he said. Uzbekistan Airways has a variety of aircraft in its fleet. “We have Airbus 320, Boeing 757, Boeing 767 and Boeing 787 Dreamliners. We will start our operation from Mumbai with Airbus 320 but if we see the load factor is satisfactory then we may introduce
Boeing 787 Dreamliner. But it solely depends on load factor,” Khodjaev revealed.
On selecting Mumbai as their next stop in India, Khodjaev said, “We have carried out an intensive research with the help of Mumbai Airport and realised that there lies a huge potential here in Mumbai.”
Uzbekistan Airways is already operating five times a week flight from Delhi and three times a week to Amritsar.
Charu Makin, Director, Delmos Aviation Pvt Ltd, GSA For Uzbekistan Airways in India, while seeking support from the travel trade said,
“The idea to connect Mumbai with Tashkent is to increase point to point tourism capacity.”
- Gül Baba tomb in Budapest attracts thousands
- The Sharjah Light Festival woos tourists for 2019
- Experience the wonderful Winter Village in Oman
- More than 239 thousand foreign tourists visited Samarkand this year in Uzbekistan, says official
- Etihad Airways launches new economy space
- Jet Airways introduces five new routes, to operate 132 new weekly services this winter
- Cathay Pacific: Data breach affects airline, at least 9.4 million passengers hit
- Norwegian Cruise Line to host Jon Bon Jovi's ‘Runaway to Paradise Cruises' in Spring and Summer 2019
- Uzbekistan Airways to start Mumbai-Tashkent direct flights from Oct end
- Uzbekistan wins National Geographic Traveler Awards
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.