NITN | @notintownlive | 13 Nov 2018
New Delhi, Nov 13 (IBNS) According to Uzbekistan's department for tourism development of Samarkand region, over the past period this year, 1 million 560 thousand local and more than 239 thousand foreign tourists visited Samarkand.
An analysis of the geography of foreign tourists showed that 9.4 thousand tourists from South Korea visited the city, 8.3 thousand came from Japan, 6.3 thousand from France, from Germany – 5.5 thousand, from Italy – 5.4 thousand, from Spain – 4.5 thousand, and 3.9 thousand from Turkey.
The majority of foreign tourists are citizens of the Russian Federation and the CIS countries – 76.3 thousand people, from Central Asian countries – 49.6 thousand people.
Uzbekistan attracts Malaysia and Indonesia with its pilgrimage tourism. 1.6 thousand Malaysians and 1.7 thousand Indonesians visited Uzbekistan this year.
On the other end of the world, there are also those who want to see Samarkand. Therefore, this year 800 pilgrims from Brazil and Australia visited the city, and more than 1000 tourists from Canada came to Uzbekistan to see the unique architectural monuments and enjoy the nature of the country.
- Where to travel in 2019: USTOA names Italy as top destination
- Perth Airport introduces sleeping pods for passengers
- Sai Teerth: Maharashtra gets India’s first devotional theme park
- Experience Japan's greatest gift to the world -- Wrestle like a Sumo!
- Elusive carnivores fishers from weasel family released in North Cascades National Park of USA's Washington State
- Paris tourist advisory: Iconic Eiffel Tower might remain closed Saturday amid protest fears
- Etihad Airways launches inaugural flight to Barcelona
- Indian tourists make use of Thailand visa fee waiver
- Scotland lures Indian tourists with Bollywood & more
- Beverly Hills awarded most prestigious Luxury Destination of the Year in USA
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).