NITN | @notintownlive | 03 Dec 2018
Bangkok, Nov 30 (IBNS/NITN): A large number of Indian tourists are making plans to visit Thailand now with the country making visa on arrival free for the citizens of several countries, including India, from November 15, 2018 to January 13, 2019.
It normally costs THB2,000 (approximately INR4,300) for Indian citizens to get a visa on arrival.
The move by the Thai authorities came with the intention to increase tourist inflow. Inspired by the results of this visa waiver, tour operators in Thailand have appealed to the government to extend to visa fee waiver till April to attract more tourists for the festival of Songkran, Bangkok Post reported.
"I did not have plans to visit Thailand this winter. But saving around INR4,300 a person brings down travel costs considerably," said a tourist, who has booked tickets for December 26.
- Tourism Vancouver releases First-of-its-Kind Film Tourism AR Adventure
- Protest disrupts normal operations in Hong Kong International Airport
- Jacqueline Fernandez visits Sri Lanka under Cinnamon's ‘Bring a Friend Home’ Campaign
- SriLankan Airlines welcomes free visa on arrival facility to 48 countries
- Hong Kong airport cancels flights as protests in terminal enter fourth day
- Taiwan Tourism Bureau partners with Mumbai Metro to expand awareness of Taiwan
- Norwegian cruise line enhances award-winning entertainment programme with SIX: The Musical
- Funding boost to entice Indian cricket fans to Australia
- Vistara Lounge at Terminal 3 of New Delhi Airport to remain closed from Aug 8
- Etihad Guest forms rewards partnership with Booking.com
Hong Kong: Amid row over some Cathay Pacific employees' involvement in the Hong Kong protest, airline CEO Rupert Hogg resigned on Friday, media report said.
Hong Kong: Amid growing pressure over the Hong Kong protests, international airline Cathay Pacific said it is aiming to work with the Hong Kong International Airport to restore normal operations as soon as possible.
Dubai: Emirates is bringing the generosity and spirit of Eid Al Adha to all its customers with a special inflight offering from August 11 to August 14.