NITN | @notintownlive | 03 Dec 2018
Bangkok, Nov 30 (IBNS/NITN): A large number of Indian tourists are making plans to visit Thailand now with the country making visa on arrival free for the citizens of several countries, including India, from November 15, 2018 to January 13, 2019.
It normally costs THB2,000 (approximately INR4,300) for Indian citizens to get a visa on arrival.
The move by the Thai authorities came with the intention to increase tourist inflow. Inspired by the results of this visa waiver, tour operators in Thailand have appealed to the government to extend to visa fee waiver till April to attract more tourists for the festival of Songkran, Bangkok Post reported.
"I did not have plans to visit Thailand this winter. But saving around INR4,300 a person brings down travel costs considerably," said a tourist, who has booked tickets for December 26.
- India is fastest growing market for Australia tourism, says top official at 40 Years of Aussie Travel Trade Fair
- Notre-Dame fire in Paris under control but a rich history in the ashes
- Sabyasachi shoots first ever destination wedding collection in Seychelles
- Wow Air ceases operations, thousands left in lurch
- Qatar Visa Center inaugurated in Mumbai
- Uzbekistan showcases Namangan at travel fair in Mumbai
- The historical Fergana region of Uzbekistan gets ready for tourism boom
- Uzbekistan developing historic site of Akhsikent into a global tourism attraction
- Women's Day: Vistara becomes first Indian airline to provide sanitary pads onboard domestic flights
- India becomes 2nd highest source market for tourism to the Sultanate of Oman
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.