NITN | @notintownlive | 03 Dec 2018
Bangkok, Nov 30 (IBNS/NITN): A large number of Indian tourists are making plans to visit Thailand now with the country making visa on arrival free for the citizens of several countries, including India, from November 15, 2018 to January 13, 2019.
It normally costs THB2,000 (approximately INR4,300) for Indian citizens to get a visa on arrival.
The move by the Thai authorities came with the intention to increase tourist inflow. Inspired by the results of this visa waiver, tour operators in Thailand have appealed to the government to extend to visa fee waiver till April to attract more tourists for the festival of Songkran, Bangkok Post reported.
"I did not have plans to visit Thailand this winter. But saving around INR4,300 a person brings down travel costs considerably," said a tourist, who has booked tickets for December 26.
- Seychelles Tourism Board, TravelGyaan to hold destination training webinar
- Emirates becomes partner and airline for West Asian Football Federation Championship
- Non-stop Rain Room at Sharjah Art Foundation
- Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority conducts multi-city educational seminars in India
- Lufthansa to provide service for unaccompanied children on air
- Emirates to launch daily services from Dubai to Mexico City via Barcelona
- Indian gastronomy takes centre stage in Israel
- Visit Oman to experience cool wadis, green hills and pleasant weather
- Months after Easter bombings, international celebrities show support for Sri Lanka, urge people to visit the island
- Dan Hotels announces re-opening of Dan Caesarea in Israel
Mumbai, June 24: To attract Indian outbound tourists, Sri Lanka Tourism in collaboration with SriLankan Airlines, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL) and inbound tour operators has introduced attractive packages, specifically targeting its big neighbour, the number one source market, to revive the industry that had a temporary setback recently from terror attacks.
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.