NITN | @notintownlive | 03 Dec 2018
Bangkok, Nov 30 (IBNS/NITN): A large number of Indian tourists are making plans to visit Thailand now with the country making visa on arrival free for the citizens of several countries, including India, from November 15, 2018 to January 13, 2019.
It normally costs THB2,000 (approximately INR4,300) for Indian citizens to get a visa on arrival.
The move by the Thai authorities came with the intention to increase tourist inflow. Inspired by the results of this visa waiver, tour operators in Thailand have appealed to the government to extend to visa fee waiver till April to attract more tourists for the festival of Songkran, Bangkok Post reported.
"I did not have plans to visit Thailand this winter. But saving around INR4,300 a person brings down travel costs considerably," said a tourist, who has booked tickets for December 26.
- Where to travel in 2019: USTOA names Italy as top destination
- Perth Airport introduces sleeping pods for passengers
- Sai Teerth: Maharashtra gets India’s first devotional theme park
- Experience Japan's greatest gift to the world -- Wrestle like a Sumo!
- Elusive carnivores fishers from weasel family released in North Cascades National Park of USA's Washington State
- Paris tourist advisory: Iconic Eiffel Tower might remain closed Saturday amid protest fears
- Etihad Airways launches inaugural flight to Barcelona
- Indian tourists make use of Thailand visa fee waiver
- Scotland lures Indian tourists with Bollywood & more
- Beverly Hills awarded most prestigious Luxury Destination of the Year in USA
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).