NITN | @notintownlive | 12 Dec 2018
Who said devotional expression cannot be fun?
Pay a visit to ‘Sai Teerth’ in India’s popular pilgrim town of Shirdi located about 250 km by road from Mumbai, to see how technology and entertainment have been woven around a devotional theme.
The devotional theme park, built by the Malpani group, opened this year with four major attractions.
Travel to the popular pilgrimage centers across India in a 12 minute virtual journey called Teerth Yatra.
Round the year, devotees from home and abroad arrive in Shirdi to seek the blessings of Sai Baba.
A customary trip usually includes offering prayers at the Samadhi Mandir, the final resting place of Saibaba as well as visiting Gurusthan or the place where Sai Baba used to stay under the neem tree, the mosque or Dwarkamai, etc.
Now you may learn more about the teachings of the ascetic through an hour-long movie at the Sai Teerth.
Titled Sai Baba –Sabka Malik Ek, it is being shown multiple times a day in a giant theatre with a cinema screen measuring 36 feet by 72 feet.
Dwarkamai was the name given by Sai Baba to the abandoned mosque where he took up residence at the insistence of the villagers.
At Sai Teerth, Dwarkamai, created after the mosque as it existed 100 years ago, is the place where a 10 minute special show will delight Sai Baba devotees, say the organisers.
With animatronics and robotics, they have managed to create a life-like representation of the holy man. Imagine Saibaba himself coming to life, and speaking to every visitor present in the park, even blessing them.
When the serious shows get a bit heavy, especially if you have young children in tow, turn to a depiction of ‘Lanka Dahan’, a popular tale from the epic Ramayana regarding Hanuman’s flight to Lanka in search of Sita.
The custom-built ride of 26 minutes has been created in 5D (stereoscopy) technology.
The Park is open between 10am and 6pm. Tickets are priced at Rs 399 per head plus 18 per cent GST for adults and Rs 300 plus 18 per cent GST per head for children (as of October 2018). Restaurant facility available.
- Palladium Hotel Group continues to remove single-use plastics, reinforces its environmental policy
- Experience some of the world’s rarest species of flora and fauna in Seychelles
- Club Med announces new APAC leadership and regional organisation
- Sammy Yahia appointed as the new Director of Tourism for Israel in India
- Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts showcases Sri Lanka's natural world as sustainable tourism product
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Ibiza: Fashion and music take centre stage at 3rd edition
- Repair to the Irish House if you have caught the World Cup fever
- Tel Aviv Pride Parade 2019: Witness one of the biggest LGBTQ celebrations
- Pamper your superhero this Father’s Day with a lavish brunch at JW Marriott Kolkata
- Sunday Brunch with Monkey 47 At Yauatcha Kolkata
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.