NITN | @notintownlive | 13 Dec 2018
Perth Airport has introduced sleeping pods at its T1 zone, making it the first airport in Australia with this facility for travellers.
The airport has installed eight pods in collaboration with Smarte Carte and Finnish company GoSleep.
According to Perth Airport CEO Kevin Brown, the pods would be perfect for passengers who either arrived early or had some time between connecting flights, as they connected their flights in different ways, many with a short stopover.
“These sleeping pods provide them and the broader travelling public with a place to relax in comfort. It’s part of our commitment to deliver an efficient and modern airport that provides the level of service and facilities that Western Australia deserves,” Brown said.
GoSleep Pod is a specially designed chair similar to a business class flatbed, with secure hand luggage storage under the seat. It has a breathable and moveable shade which creates a private place for relaxation. The pods are equipped with USB and GPO plugs for charging phones or laptops. They also offer pillows, blankets, and suitcase storage to passengers.
The sleeping pods can be booked by the hour, starting at AUD12 an hour.
Smarte Carte General Manager Sam Khalil said, “we believe these products will further enhance the passenger experience at Perth Airport by providing a comfortable resting facility in a cost-effective manner.”
GoSleep CEO Jussi Piispanen said that their sleeping pods can be found in 15 international airports worldwide, and are a great help for tired passengers. “We are very excited to be in Australia and we hope to be part of many trips that start and end at Perth Airport,” he added.
Picture Source: Perth Airport Facebook page
- Uzbekistan showcases Namangan at travel fair in Mumbai
- The historical Fergana region of Uzbekistan gets ready for tourism boom
- Uzbekistan developing historic site of Akhsikent into a global tourism attraction
- Women's Day: Vistara becomes first Indian airline to provide sanitary pads onboard domestic flights
- India becomes 2nd highest source market for tourism to the Sultanate of Oman
- Israeli airline Arkia to launch direct flight operations to Goa and Kochi from Tel Aviv
- Etihad Airways to increase flights from Abu Dhabi to London during April
- Uzbekistan to host International Forum on Pilgrimage Tourism
- UNESCO: Uzbekistan is the heart of Central Asia
- Travel aggregator's alternative for fliers hit by Mumbai, Bangalore airport disruptions
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.