NITN | @notintownlive | 13 Dec 2018
Perth Airport has introduced sleeping pods at its T1 zone, making it the first airport in Australia with this facility for travellers.
The airport has installed eight pods in collaboration with Smarte Carte and Finnish company GoSleep.
According to Perth Airport CEO Kevin Brown, the pods would be perfect for passengers who either arrived early or had some time between connecting flights, as they connected their flights in different ways, many with a short stopover.
“These sleeping pods provide them and the broader travelling public with a place to relax in comfort. It’s part of our commitment to deliver an efficient and modern airport that provides the level of service and facilities that Western Australia deserves,” Brown said.
GoSleep Pod is a specially designed chair similar to a business class flatbed, with secure hand luggage storage under the seat. It has a breathable and moveable shade which creates a private place for relaxation. The pods are equipped with USB and GPO plugs for charging phones or laptops. They also offer pillows, blankets, and suitcase storage to passengers.
The sleeping pods can be booked by the hour, starting at AUD12 an hour.
Smarte Carte General Manager Sam Khalil said, “we believe these products will further enhance the passenger experience at Perth Airport by providing a comfortable resting facility in a cost-effective manner.”
GoSleep CEO Jussi Piispanen said that their sleeping pods can be found in 15 international airports worldwide, and are a great help for tired passengers. “We are very excited to be in Australia and we hope to be part of many trips that start and end at Perth Airport,” he added.
Picture Source: Perth Airport Facebook page
- 70,800 Indians visited Israel in 2018
- Uzbekistan announces visa waiver for citizens of 45 countries
- Etihad Airways to introduce Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Barcelona
- Where to travel in 2019: USTOA names Italy as top destination
- Perth Airport introduces sleeping pods for passengers
- Sai Teerth: Maharashtra gets India’s first devotional theme park
- Experience Japan's greatest gift to the world -- Wrestle like a Sumo!
- Elusive carnivores fishers from weasel family released in North Cascades National Park of USA's Washington State
- Paris tourist advisory: Iconic Eiffel Tower might remain closed Saturday amid protest fears
- Etihad Airways launches inaugural flight to Barcelona
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).