NITN | @notintownlive | 13 Dec 2018
Perth Airport has introduced sleeping pods at its T1 zone, making it the first airport in Australia with this facility for travellers.
The airport has installed eight pods in collaboration with Smarte Carte and Finnish company GoSleep.
According to Perth Airport CEO Kevin Brown, the pods would be perfect for passengers who either arrived early or had some time between connecting flights, as they connected their flights in different ways, many with a short stopover.
“These sleeping pods provide them and the broader travelling public with a place to relax in comfort. It’s part of our commitment to deliver an efficient and modern airport that provides the level of service and facilities that Western Australia deserves,” Brown said.
GoSleep Pod is a specially designed chair similar to a business class flatbed, with secure hand luggage storage under the seat. It has a breathable and moveable shade which creates a private place for relaxation. The pods are equipped with USB and GPO plugs for charging phones or laptops. They also offer pillows, blankets, and suitcase storage to passengers.
The sleeping pods can be booked by the hour, starting at AUD12 an hour.
Smarte Carte General Manager Sam Khalil said, “we believe these products will further enhance the passenger experience at Perth Airport by providing a comfortable resting facility in a cost-effective manner.”
GoSleep CEO Jussi Piispanen said that their sleeping pods can be found in 15 international airports worldwide, and are a great help for tired passengers. “We are very excited to be in Australia and we hope to be part of many trips that start and end at Perth Airport,” he added.
Picture Source: Perth Airport Facebook page
- Palladium Hotel Group continues to remove single-use plastics, reinforces its environmental policy
- Experience some of the world’s rarest species of flora and fauna in Seychelles
- Club Med announces new APAC leadership and regional organisation
- Sammy Yahia appointed as the new Director of Tourism for Israel in India
- Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts showcases Sri Lanka's natural world as sustainable tourism product
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Ibiza: Fashion and music take centre stage at 3rd edition
- Repair to the Irish House if you have caught the World Cup fever
- Tel Aviv Pride Parade 2019: Witness one of the biggest LGBTQ celebrations
- Pamper your superhero this Father’s Day with a lavish brunch at JW Marriott Kolkata
- Sunday Brunch with Monkey 47 At Yauatcha Kolkata
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.