NITN | @notintownlive | 09 May 2019
Kolkata, May 9 (NITN): Yauatcha, the Chinese dim sum tea-house tucked inside Kolkata's Quest Mall, brings an array of summertime favourites, which have been prepared keeping the weather in mind.
Chinese cuisine is as diverse as its many regions and it also reflects the changing seasons.
According to traditional Chinese culture, there are specific ingredients and flavours that should be eaten during each season to counteract the changing weather.
In summer, plants grow fast, and people act more energetically.
The Chinese suggest eating ‘yin’ or cooling foods during these months.
The a la carte menu at Yauatcha shows a perfect balance of the Yin and Yang theory.
Try the Vegetarian duck salad with its three types of cress or micro greens along with fruits like pomegranate and pomelo, which are cooling fruits and best for the summer.
From the Stir Fry options, you may pick the stir fry lotus root, asparagus and water chestnut; used fresh, their high water prevents dehydration.
A dining experience at Yauatcha is incomplete without having their deliciously crafted dim sums.
Try the Mandarin Dumpling, which is a combination of various vegetables like corn kernel, asparagus, raw papaya, red pumpkin, water chestnut and mandarin.
You may round up your meal with the Red Fruit Fromage; the dessert is light on your palette and healthy.
Yauatcha offers an authentic range of dim sum with a contemporary influence as well as wok dishes and other small eats.
The concept is a modern interpretation of the traditional Chinese teahouse featuring a wide range of Chinese, Indian, Japanese and Taiwanese teas.
Yauatcha is also known for its handmade petitsgateaux, macarons available both a la carte and retail.
- Ski Dubai announces a programme of festive activities
- Etihad Aviation Training and Khalifa University explore game-based learning for NEXTGEN pilots
- Portugal during Christmas: Take a look at events to take place
- Maharashtra Tourism aims to strengthens its outreach in Kolkata with roadshow
- Dubai to bring year end performances for music lovers
- Coldplay chooses Jordan to release their first album in four years 'Everyday Life'
- MakeMyTrip honours Kolkata’s Best Hotels at Star Partner Awards ceremony
- Israel woes Indian tourists with resort city of Eilat
- Seawings offers Heritage Tour to help visitors experience Dubai
- SriLankan Airlines concludes a memorable Melbourne Marathon
Mumbai/NITN: Indian airline GoAir, has topped on-time performance chart in November 2019, according to the latest data released by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
Guwahati/NITN: In view of the Assam Bandh which took place on Tuesday, GoAir is offering waiver on date change fees/rescheduling of tickets for travel to and from Guwahati with immediate effect for the day.
Mumbai/NITN: Maldives Tourism Minister Ali Waheed inaugurated this season’s first flight of Indian airline GoAir that recommenced its Malé operations from India with direct flights, five days a week from Mumbai, New Delhi and Bengaluru.