NITN | @notintownlive | 09 May 2019
Kolkata, May 9 (NITN): Yauatcha, the Chinese dim sum tea-house tucked inside Kolkata's Quest Mall, brings an array of summertime favourites, which have been prepared keeping the weather in mind.
Chinese cuisine is as diverse as its many regions and it also reflects the changing seasons.
According to traditional Chinese culture, there are specific ingredients and flavours that should be eaten during each season to counteract the changing weather.
In summer, plants grow fast, and people act more energetically.
The Chinese suggest eating ‘yin’ or cooling foods during these months.
The a la carte menu at Yauatcha shows a perfect balance of the Yin and Yang theory.
Try the Vegetarian duck salad with its three types of cress or micro greens along with fruits like pomegranate and pomelo, which are cooling fruits and best for the summer.
From the Stir Fry options, you may pick the stir fry lotus root, asparagus and water chestnut; used fresh, their high water prevents dehydration.
A dining experience at Yauatcha is incomplete without having their deliciously crafted dim sums.
Try the Mandarin Dumpling, which is a combination of various vegetables like corn kernel, asparagus, raw papaya, red pumpkin, water chestnut and mandarin.
You may round up your meal with the Red Fruit Fromage; the dessert is light on your palette and healthy.
Yauatcha offers an authentic range of dim sum with a contemporary influence as well as wok dishes and other small eats.
The concept is a modern interpretation of the traditional Chinese teahouse featuring a wide range of Chinese, Indian, Japanese and Taiwanese teas.
Yauatcha is also known for its handmade petitsgateaux, macarons available both a la carte and retail.
- EaseMyTrip teams up with 20th IIFA Awards as travel partner
- Indian tourist arrivals in Turkey mark 56% growth between January to July 2019
- Seychelles Tourism Board enhances its presence in tier II and tier III cities
- Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts to host ‘Future of Tourism Summit 2019’ in Sri Lanka
- Jordan unveils its Underwater Military Museum in Aqaba
- Israel Tourism conducts roadshow in Mumbai
- DGCA assures all stakeholders to take harshest action against flight operators
- Eco Adventure Resorts opens at Bada Bungalow Temi Tea Gardens in Sikkim
- Statue of Unity features in TIME Magazine's list of world's greatest places 2019
- Dubai’s souks offer a glimpse into the past
New Delhi: Airline GoAir has extended the fee waiver on cancellation or rescheduling over the present situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
New Delhi: Airline Vistara has introduced direct flights from Delhi to Indore.
Doha: Airline Qatar Airways has come up with an offer to travel the world at a ticket price with 30 per cent discount on it.