NITN | @notintownlive | 09 May 2019
Kolkata, May 9 (NITN): Yauatcha, the Chinese dim sum tea-house tucked inside Kolkata's Quest Mall, brings an array of summertime favourites, which have been prepared keeping the weather in mind.
Chinese cuisine is as diverse as its many regions and it also reflects the changing seasons.
According to traditional Chinese culture, there are specific ingredients and flavours that should be eaten during each season to counteract the changing weather.
In summer, plants grow fast, and people act more energetically.
The Chinese suggest eating ‘yin’ or cooling foods during these months.
The a la carte menu at Yauatcha shows a perfect balance of the Yin and Yang theory.
Try the Vegetarian duck salad with its three types of cress or micro greens along with fruits like pomegranate and pomelo, which are cooling fruits and best for the summer.
From the Stir Fry options, you may pick the stir fry lotus root, asparagus and water chestnut; used fresh, their high water prevents dehydration.
A dining experience at Yauatcha is incomplete without having their deliciously crafted dim sums.
Try the Mandarin Dumpling, which is a combination of various vegetables like corn kernel, asparagus, raw papaya, red pumpkin, water chestnut and mandarin.
You may round up your meal with the Red Fruit Fromage; the dessert is light on your palette and healthy.
Yauatcha offers an authentic range of dim sum with a contemporary influence as well as wok dishes and other small eats.
The concept is a modern interpretation of the traditional Chinese teahouse featuring a wide range of Chinese, Indian, Japanese and Taiwanese teas.
Yauatcha is also known for its handmade petitsgateaux, macarons available both a la carte and retail.
- Seychelles Tourism Board, TravelGyaan to hold destination training webinar
- Emirates becomes partner and airline for West Asian Football Federation Championship
- Non-stop Rain Room at Sharjah Art Foundation
- Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority conducts multi-city educational seminars in India
- Lufthansa to provide service for unaccompanied children on air
- Emirates to launch daily services from Dubai to Mexico City via Barcelona
- Indian gastronomy takes centre stage in Israel
- Visit Oman to experience cool wadis, green hills and pleasant weather
- Months after Easter bombings, international celebrities show support for Sri Lanka, urge people to visit the island
- Dan Hotels announces re-opening of Dan Caesarea in Israel
Mumbai, June 24: To attract Indian outbound tourists, Sri Lanka Tourism in collaboration with SriLankan Airlines, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL) and inbound tour operators has introduced attractive packages, specifically targeting its big neighbour, the number one source market, to revive the industry that had a temporary setback recently from terror attacks.
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.