NITN | @notintownlive | 09 May 2019
Kolkata, May 9 (NITN): Yauatcha, the Chinese dim sum tea-house tucked inside Kolkata's Quest Mall, brings an array of summertime favourites, which have been prepared keeping the weather in mind.
Chinese cuisine is as diverse as its many regions and it also reflects the changing seasons.
According to traditional Chinese culture, there are specific ingredients and flavours that should be eaten during each season to counteract the changing weather.
In summer, plants grow fast, and people act more energetically.
The Chinese suggest eating ‘yin’ or cooling foods during these months.
The a la carte menu at Yauatcha shows a perfect balance of the Yin and Yang theory.
Try the Vegetarian duck salad with its three types of cress or micro greens along with fruits like pomegranate and pomelo, which are cooling fruits and best for the summer.
From the Stir Fry options, you may pick the stir fry lotus root, asparagus and water chestnut; used fresh, their high water prevents dehydration.
A dining experience at Yauatcha is incomplete without having their deliciously crafted dim sums.
Try the Mandarin Dumpling, which is a combination of various vegetables like corn kernel, asparagus, raw papaya, red pumpkin, water chestnut and mandarin.
You may round up your meal with the Red Fruit Fromage; the dessert is light on your palette and healthy.
Yauatcha offers an authentic range of dim sum with a contemporary influence as well as wok dishes and other small eats.
The concept is a modern interpretation of the traditional Chinese teahouse featuring a wide range of Chinese, Indian, Japanese and Taiwanese teas.
Yauatcha is also known for its handmade petitsgateaux, macarons available both a la carte and retail.
- Club Med showcases Amazing Family program for family holiday memories
- Catch the Mango Matinee at The Fatty Bao Kolkata
- Raise a dram to Scotland on World Whisky Day on May 18
- Israel Ministry of Tourism hosts a women’s special group of Indian travel agents to Israel
- Air Asia to introduce Kolkata-Chennai direct flight
- Etihad Airways increases frequencies to London Hethrow for busy summer season
- SpiceJet introduces Business Class on select flights
- Add variety to your Mother's Day celebration by taking her to these three restaurants
- Keep cool with Yauatcha's summer special offer in May
- Beat the Kolkata summer with a fruity break at the JW Lounge
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.