Not In Town | @notintownlive | 16 Jul 2019
Sharjah: Located in the Sharjah Art Foundation, Rain Room is a permanent art installation where motion sensors on the ceiling prevent the water droplets from falling on people, clearing a sort of path, roughly six foot in radius.
The Rain Room is an unusual and evocative experience for visitors who will enjoy the sound and nearby feel of being in the rain without getting wet.
When visitors enter the room, they are directed to navigate intuitively and carefully through the dark underground space in order to protect themselves from the downpour. As the visitors walk through the room, which uses 1,200 liters of self-cleaning, recycled water, their movements trigger motion sensors that pauses the rainfall when detecting movement.
Founded in 2005, Random International is a London-based collaborative studio for experimental and digital practice within contemporary art. Their work, which includes sculpture, performance and large-scale architectural installations, reflects the relationship between man and machine and centres on audience interaction.
Sharjah Art Foundation is an advocate, catalyst and producer of contemporary art. Through the Sharjah Biennial, the annual March Meeting, year-round exhibitions, education and community outreach programmes, grants, residencies, commissions and publications, the foundation encourages a shared understanding of the transformational role of art.
The Rain Room building in Sharjah has been designed by Sharjah Art Foundation and the UAE-based SpaceContinuum Design Studio in collaboration with Shape Architecture Practice + Research, Sharjah.
The tickets for Rain Room are sold online and at the venue. Timings are Saturday-Thursday, 9 am-9 pm and Friday, 4 pm-11 pm.
- Tourism Vancouver releases First-of-its-Kind Film Tourism AR Adventure
- Protest disrupts normal operations in Hong Kong International Airport
- Jacqueline Fernandez visits Sri Lanka under Cinnamon's ‘Bring a Friend Home’ Campaign
- SriLankan Airlines welcomes free visa on arrival facility to 48 countries
- Hong Kong airport cancels flights as protests in terminal enter fourth day
- Taiwan Tourism Bureau partners with Mumbai Metro to expand awareness of Taiwan
- Norwegian cruise line enhances award-winning entertainment programme with SIX: The Musical
- Funding boost to entice Indian cricket fans to Australia
- Vistara Lounge at Terminal 3 of New Delhi Airport to remain closed from Aug 8
- Etihad Guest forms rewards partnership with Booking.com
Hong Kong: Amid row over some Cathay Pacific employees' involvement in the Hong Kong protest, airline CEO Rupert Hogg resigned on Friday, media report said.
Hong Kong: Amid growing pressure over the Hong Kong protests, international airline Cathay Pacific said it is aiming to work with the Hong Kong International Airport to restore normal operations as soon as possible.
Dubai: Emirates is bringing the generosity and spirit of Eid Al Adha to all its customers with a special inflight offering from August 11 to August 14.