Not In Town | @notintownlive | 12 Aug 2019
Colombo: SriLankan Airlines has welcomed the launch of the free visa on arrival facility that the Government of Sri Lanka is providing to citizens of 48 countries in Australasia, Europe and North America from August 1 for a period of six months as part of a concerted effort to boost tourism into the Indian Ocean island nation.
Sri Lanka’s National Carrier is in the forefront of global initiatives to strengthen the country’s tourism industry, working with a multitude of partners ranging from Sri Lanka Tourism to hotels, tour operators and travel agents.
Travelers availing themselves of this facility could travel with Sri Lanka’s national carrier on its fleet of modern aircraft with the latest comforts such as flatbeds in Business Class and sophisticated in-flight entertainment that complement its world class service. The airline has won a string of recent international awards including ‘World’s Leading Airline to the Indian Ocean’ at the World Travel Awards; and ‘Asia’s Leading Airline to the Indian Ocean’ at World Travel Awards Asia & Australasia.
A member of the oneworld global airline partnership, SriLankan Airlines operates a route network of 111 cities in 48 countries from its hub in Colombo and also connects to over 1,000 cities in 160 countries through its oneworld partner airlines.
Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons
- Dubai to bring year end performances for music lovers
- Coldplay chooses Jordan to release their first album in four years 'Everyday Life'
- MakeMyTrip honours Kolkata’s Best Hotels at Star Partner Awards ceremony
- Israel woes Indian tourists with resort city of Eilat
- Seawings offers Heritage Tour to help visitors experience Dubai
- SriLankan Airlines concludes a memorable Melbourne Marathon
- Istanbul and Antalya emerge as key MICE destination for Indian corporates
- Dubai crowned one of the world's top cities in Lonely Planet's 'Best in Travel' list 2020
- The Temi Autumn Festival 2019 to be held from Nov 8 to 10 in Sikkim
- Eighth edition of Dharamshala International Film Festival announces its full line-up
New York/NITN: In-line with its international expansion plans, Indian airline IndiGo on Thursday signed a one-way codeshare agreement with Qatar Airways, world’s best airline as per 2019 World Airline Awards.
Mumbai/NITN: Celebrating its 14th anniversary, airline GoAir has announced special fares ending with “14” as the last two digits across all its 33 destinations.
Mumbai/NITN: EaseMyTrip.com (EMT), the Online Travel Aggregators segment, is aiming to help the customers traveling to and from Mumbai in the wake of Mumbai runway closure.