NITN | @notintownlive | 19 Aug 2019
New Delhi: Giving a boost to its global image of being most frequented tourist destination, UNWTO recently announced that Turkey was the 6th most visited destination in the world in the year 2018 with 46 million visitors.
The UNWTO’s travel arm has released its latest figures detailing the movement of tourists around the world in 2018. Last year, 1.4bn holidaymakers left home for an overseas break, 5.6 per cent more than in 2017, according to the World Tourism Organization, which says that global travel is performing strongly fuelled by a positive economy, increased air capacity and visa facilitation.
Tourism is a national industry for Turkey. As a tourism country, Turkey is focusing on both inbound & outbound travel with world-class facilities and great pricing that are very suitable. In last few years, Turkey has given a huge boost to its tourism sector by adopting unique propositions of popularizing the destination and going all out in key markets across the world
“This is a great achievement for Turkey and coming from UNWTO, this speaks about the credibility of data and numbers. By the end on 2019 we are expecting 55 mn tourist arrivals. From India, the number of tourist arrivals to Turkey is expected to reach 2.5 lakh tourists.
Apart from FITs we have also seen a surge in Weddings & Mice travel from India to Turkey, which is our big focus.,” says H. Deniz ERSÖZ, Culture & Tourism Counsellor, Turkish Culture and Tourism Office in India
Straddling the continents of Europe and Asia, Turkey's strategically important location & geographical landscape has put it in the spotlight of global tourism. With a mix of popular destinations & hidden gems that has been attracting tourists from all over the world, Turkey, with its world-class hotels & infrastructure is becoming most frequented destination.
From stunning architecture, history & incredible mosques of Istanbul to pristine beaches of Antalya, hot air ballooning in Cappadocia, salt pools in Pamukkale or paragliding at Turquouse coast in Fethiye, there is something for everyone in Turkey.
- Thailand rated as the number one International destination from India
- EaseMyTrip teams up with 20th IIFA Awards as travel partner
- Indian tourist arrivals in Turkey mark 56% growth between January to July 2019
- Seychelles Tourism Board enhances its presence in tier II and tier III cities
- Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts to host ‘Future of Tourism Summit 2019’ in Sri Lanka
- Jordan unveils its Underwater Military Museum in Aqaba
- Israel Tourism conducts roadshow in Mumbai
- DGCA assures all stakeholders to take harshest action against flight operators
- Eco Adventure Resorts opens at Bada Bungalow Temi Tea Gardens in Sikkim
- Statue of Unity features in TIME Magazine's list of world's greatest places 2019
New Delhi: The Board of Directors of InterGlobe Aviation Limited (IndiGo) unanimously approved the appointment of Pallavi Shardul Shroff as Independent Woman Director with effect from Sept 19.
New Delhi: As a part of its international expansion plans, Indian airline IndiGo on Friday commenced its operations to Myanmar.
Sepang: AirAsia on Wednesday announced the launch of an exclusive route to Da Lat from Kuala Lumpur, further expanding its footprint in Vietnam.