NITN | @notintownlive | 19 Aug 2019
New Delhi: Giving a boost to its global image of being most frequented tourist destination, UNWTO recently announced that Turkey was the 6th most visited destination in the world in the year 2018 with 46 million visitors.
The UNWTO’s travel arm has released its latest figures detailing the movement of tourists around the world in 2018. Last year, 1.4bn holidaymakers left home for an overseas break, 5.6 per cent more than in 2017, according to the World Tourism Organization, which says that global travel is performing strongly fuelled by a positive economy, increased air capacity and visa facilitation.
Tourism is a national industry for Turkey. As a tourism country, Turkey is focusing on both inbound & outbound travel with world-class facilities and great pricing that are very suitable. In last few years, Turkey has given a huge boost to its tourism sector by adopting unique propositions of popularizing the destination and going all out in key markets across the world
“This is a great achievement for Turkey and coming from UNWTO, this speaks about the credibility of data and numbers. By the end on 2019 we are expecting 55 mn tourist arrivals. From India, the number of tourist arrivals to Turkey is expected to reach 2.5 lakh tourists.
Apart from FITs we have also seen a surge in Weddings & Mice travel from India to Turkey, which is our big focus.,” says H. Deniz ERSÖZ, Culture & Tourism Counsellor, Turkish Culture and Tourism Office in India
Straddling the continents of Europe and Asia, Turkey's strategically important location & geographical landscape has put it in the spotlight of global tourism. With a mix of popular destinations & hidden gems that has been attracting tourists from all over the world, Turkey, with its world-class hotels & infrastructure is becoming most frequented destination.
From stunning architecture, history & incredible mosques of Istanbul to pristine beaches of Antalya, hot air ballooning in Cappadocia, salt pools in Pamukkale or paragliding at Turquouse coast in Fethiye, there is something for everyone in Turkey.
- SriLankan Airlines set to become largest foreign carrier in India with Ahmedabad addition
- Experience Hub and Etihad Holidays sign MoU to elevate Abu Dhabi’s position as a leading leisure & culture destination
- Maharashtra Tourism undertakes association between Directorate of Tourism and Tanhaji
- 5-year tourist visa will benefit tourists of any nationality: Chairman of Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority
- It's Show Time - Aqaba Airshow 2020!
- Marriott International opens budget brand Fairfield By Marriott Kolkata to expand India footprints
- Israel offers new night show ‘From Dusk to Dawn’ at Masada
- Maldives welcomes the 1.5 millionth tourist of 2019
- Ski Dubai announces a programme of festive activities
- Etihad Aviation Training and Khalifa University explore game-based learning for NEXTGEN pilots
Mumbai/NITN: Strengthening its presence in the Gulf, Asia's airline GoAir has announced the new daily direct flights between Doha and Mumbai.
New Delhi/NITN: Airline IndiGo is offering 15 per cent cashback on booking flights through HDFC Bank.
NewDelhi/Shirdi/NITN: Airline IndiGo introduced a non-stop flight service from New Delhi to Shirdi on Monday.