NITN | @notintownlive | 30 Oct 2019
Colombo, Oct 17/NITN: SriLankan Airlines, the National Carrier of Sri Lanka and a member of the oneworld alliance, coinciding with the second anniversary of its operations to Melbourne, successfully concluded SriLankan Airlines Half Marathon event at the Melbourne Marathon Festival for the third consecutive year.
The 2019 event in its 42 year-long Festival history attracted a total of 37,185 athletes for five events, making it Australia’s largest ever Marathon, with SriLankan Airlines Half Marathon event recording a sellout.
Thomas Do Canto from Australia, who recorded a time of 01:04:2 and Makda Haji Harun with a time of 01:11:15 emerged winners of the male and female categories of the Half Marathon respectively.
Nic Harman (01:04:31) and Brady Threlfall (01:06:16) became the first and the second runner up of the male category, whilst Tara Palm (01:11:27) and Lauren Reid (01:12:38) emerged second and third in the female category of the Half Marathon.
An overwhelming number of spectators were present to support participants as they ran past some of Melbourne’s famous landmarks including Flinders Street Station, Albert Park Lake, St Kilda Beach, the Shrine of Remembrance and the Royal Botanic Gardens before finishing with a lap of the iconic MCG.
SriLankan Airlines, the title sponsor of the Half Marathon event, celebrates two years of direct daily services between Melbourne and Colombo. The Airline offers modern comforts onboard its state-of-the-art Airbus 330-300, allowing passengers modern comforts, latest entertainment and connectivity features amidst the inherent Sri Lankan warmth and hospitality.
- SriLankan Airlines set to become largest foreign carrier in India with Ahmedabad addition
- Experience Hub and Etihad Holidays sign MoU to elevate Abu Dhabi’s position as a leading leisure & culture destination
- Maharashtra Tourism undertakes association between Directorate of Tourism and Tanhaji
- 5-year tourist visa will benefit tourists of any nationality: Chairman of Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority
- It's Show Time - Aqaba Airshow 2020!
- Marriott International opens budget brand Fairfield By Marriott Kolkata to expand India footprints
- Israel offers new night show ‘From Dusk to Dawn’ at Masada
- Maldives welcomes the 1.5 millionth tourist of 2019
- Ski Dubai announces a programme of festive activities
- Etihad Aviation Training and Khalifa University explore game-based learning for NEXTGEN pilots
Mumbai/NITN: Strengthening its presence in the Gulf, Asia's airline GoAir has announced the new daily direct flights between Doha and Mumbai.
New Delhi/NITN: Airline IndiGo is offering 15 per cent cashback on booking flights through HDFC Bank.
NewDelhi/Shirdi/NITN: Airline IndiGo introduced a non-stop flight service from New Delhi to Shirdi on Monday.