NITN | @notintownlive | 30 Oct 2019
Colombo, Oct 17/NITN: SriLankan Airlines, the National Carrier of Sri Lanka and a member of the oneworld alliance, coinciding with the second anniversary of its operations to Melbourne, successfully concluded SriLankan Airlines Half Marathon event at the Melbourne Marathon Festival for the third consecutive year.
The 2019 event in its 42 year-long Festival history attracted a total of 37,185 athletes for five events, making it Australia’s largest ever Marathon, with SriLankan Airlines Half Marathon event recording a sellout.
Thomas Do Canto from Australia, who recorded a time of 01:04:2 and Makda Haji Harun with a time of 01:11:15 emerged winners of the male and female categories of the Half Marathon respectively.
Nic Harman (01:04:31) and Brady Threlfall (01:06:16) became the first and the second runner up of the male category, whilst Tara Palm (01:11:27) and Lauren Reid (01:12:38) emerged second and third in the female category of the Half Marathon.
An overwhelming number of spectators were present to support participants as they ran past some of Melbourne’s famous landmarks including Flinders Street Station, Albert Park Lake, St Kilda Beach, the Shrine of Remembrance and the Royal Botanic Gardens before finishing with a lap of the iconic MCG.
SriLankan Airlines, the title sponsor of the Half Marathon event, celebrates two years of direct daily services between Melbourne and Colombo. The Airline offers modern comforts onboard its state-of-the-art Airbus 330-300, allowing passengers modern comforts, latest entertainment and connectivity features amidst the inherent Sri Lankan warmth and hospitality.
- Dubai to bring year end performances for music lovers
- Coldplay chooses Jordan to release their first album in four years 'Everyday Life'
- MakeMyTrip honours Kolkata’s Best Hotels at Star Partner Awards ceremony
- Israel woes Indian tourists with resort city of Eilat
- Seawings offers Heritage Tour to help visitors experience Dubai
- SriLankan Airlines concludes a memorable Melbourne Marathon
- Istanbul and Antalya emerge as key MICE destination for Indian corporates
- Dubai crowned one of the world's top cities in Lonely Planet's 'Best in Travel' list 2020
- The Temi Autumn Festival 2019 to be held from Nov 8 to 10 in Sikkim
- Eighth edition of Dharamshala International Film Festival announces its full line-up
New York/NITN: In-line with its international expansion plans, Indian airline IndiGo on Thursday signed a one-way codeshare agreement with Qatar Airways, world’s best airline as per 2019 World Airline Awards.
Mumbai/NITN: Celebrating its 14th anniversary, airline GoAir has announced special fares ending with “14” as the last two digits across all its 33 destinations.
Mumbai/NITN: EaseMyTrip.com (EMT), the Online Travel Aggregators segment, is aiming to help the customers traveling to and from Mumbai in the wake of Mumbai runway closure.