Not In Town | @notintownlive | 06 Nov 2019
Kolkata/NITN: Online travel company MakeMyTrip Ltd., on Tuesday hosted its annual hotel recognition programme, Star Partners Awards, in Kolkata.
As India’s market leader in online travel and accommodation sector, the company through Star Partner Awards recognized hotels that offer best-in-class experience to travellers and are ranked high in performance on MakeMyTrip and Goibibo.
Speaking at the event Rahul Khandelwal, Senior Vice President, Domestic Hotels shared, “We are excited to be back in the ‘city of joy’ with our fourth edition of Star Partner Awards – that recognizes and rewards our valued hotel partners, who relentlessly strive to offer the best travel and hospitality experience to our customers.
Known for its literary, artistic and rich cultural heritage, Kolkata continues to remain a favourite amongst all travel cohorts. From the young to the footloose generation, the city has variety of experiences to offer basis the traveller’s diverse interests.”
Bookings on MakeMyTrip indicate a 10-12% YOY growth in tourism, in the region, in the coming winter season, starting Oct 2019 to Jan 2020.
As part of the company’s on-going efforts to boost tourism in the region, in the coming months, MakeMyTrip said it will continue its focus on expanding its presence in the hotel and alternate accommodations segment including homestays, guesthouse, apartments and villas offering more stay options for travellers with varied travel motives.
- Dubai to bring year end performances for music lovers
- Coldplay chooses Jordan to release their first album in four years 'Everyday Life'
- MakeMyTrip honours Kolkata’s Best Hotels at Star Partner Awards ceremony
- Israel woes Indian tourists with resort city of Eilat
- Seawings offers Heritage Tour to help visitors experience Dubai
- SriLankan Airlines concludes a memorable Melbourne Marathon
- Istanbul and Antalya emerge as key MICE destination for Indian corporates
- Dubai crowned one of the world's top cities in Lonely Planet's 'Best in Travel' list 2020
- The Temi Autumn Festival 2019 to be held from Nov 8 to 10 in Sikkim
- Eighth edition of Dharamshala International Film Festival announces its full line-up
New York/NITN: In-line with its international expansion plans, Indian airline IndiGo on Thursday signed a one-way codeshare agreement with Qatar Airways, world’s best airline as per 2019 World Airline Awards.
Mumbai/NITN: Celebrating its 14th anniversary, airline GoAir has announced special fares ending with “14” as the last two digits across all its 33 destinations.
Mumbai/NITN: EaseMyTrip.com (EMT), the Online Travel Aggregators segment, is aiming to help the customers traveling to and from Mumbai in the wake of Mumbai runway closure.