Not In Town | @notintownlive | 06 Nov 2019
Kolkata/NITN: Online travel company MakeMyTrip Ltd., on Tuesday hosted its annual hotel recognition programme, Star Partners Awards, in Kolkata.
As India’s market leader in online travel and accommodation sector, the company through Star Partner Awards recognized hotels that offer best-in-class experience to travellers and are ranked high in performance on MakeMyTrip and Goibibo.
Speaking at the event Rahul Khandelwal, Senior Vice President, Domestic Hotels shared, “We are excited to be back in the ‘city of joy’ with our fourth edition of Star Partner Awards – that recognizes and rewards our valued hotel partners, who relentlessly strive to offer the best travel and hospitality experience to our customers.
Known for its literary, artistic and rich cultural heritage, Kolkata continues to remain a favourite amongst all travel cohorts. From the young to the footloose generation, the city has variety of experiences to offer basis the traveller’s diverse interests.”
Bookings on MakeMyTrip indicate a 10-12% YOY growth in tourism, in the region, in the coming winter season, starting Oct 2019 to Jan 2020.
As part of the company’s on-going efforts to boost tourism in the region, in the coming months, MakeMyTrip said it will continue its focus on expanding its presence in the hotel and alternate accommodations segment including homestays, guesthouse, apartments and villas offering more stay options for travellers with varied travel motives.
- SriLankan Airlines set to become largest foreign carrier in India with Ahmedabad addition
- Experience Hub and Etihad Holidays sign MoU to elevate Abu Dhabi’s position as a leading leisure & culture destination
- Maharashtra Tourism undertakes association between Directorate of Tourism and Tanhaji
- 5-year tourist visa will benefit tourists of any nationality: Chairman of Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority
- It's Show Time - Aqaba Airshow 2020!
- Marriott International opens budget brand Fairfield By Marriott Kolkata to expand India footprints
- Israel offers new night show ‘From Dusk to Dawn’ at Masada
- Maldives welcomes the 1.5 millionth tourist of 2019
- Ski Dubai announces a programme of festive activities
- Etihad Aviation Training and Khalifa University explore game-based learning for NEXTGEN pilots
Mumbai/NITN: Strengthening its presence in the Gulf, Asia's airline GoAir has announced the new daily direct flights between Doha and Mumbai.
New Delhi/NITN: Airline IndiGo is offering 15 per cent cashback on booking flights through HDFC Bank.
NewDelhi/Shirdi/NITN: Airline IndiGo introduced a non-stop flight service from New Delhi to Shirdi on Monday.