A Photo Essay by Bijoy Chowdhury 16 Jul 2016, 10:38 am
Images: Bijoy Chowdhury
One needs to be here to experience and feel. Amazing landscape, very old tribal culture, ethnic villages with unique settlement pattern, vibrant weekly markets, farm fresh local cuisine, traditional tunes with drum bits and after all the ever smiling local tribal community awaits your visit to DESIA,
Desia is a community based Rural Tourism Initiative by Heritage Tours, Bantalbiri Village and a local NGO Barefoot. The objective of this initiative is to bring the benefit of tourism to the local tribes and other community living in the valley by making tourism a tool.
The ethics is biased on principles of Eco Tourism and Responsible Travel where the part of the earning is spend to conserve the Eco system of the region, to bring sustainable development to the region and to provide authentic rural and ethnic Experience for the culture & nature loving Guests who come to explore this less known but spectacular valley. We strongly believe that Tourism is a tool which can not only empower the community or provide opportunity to meet another culture but also can be an instrumental to bring Peace & Harmony.
Desia is built with local materials, local community, designed by reputed artist to give an contemporary artistic look with maximum level of comfort as possible for the place and uses non convention energy. Starting from construction till your departure... You will find a local touch. With this we welcome you to this wonderful valley Koraput where you can listen the story of the people, their belief, their rituals, their indigenous agricultural livelihood, the weekly market (haat) and music - all fitted in a amazing landscape which explains LIVING IN HARMONY WITH NATURE beyond time.
- Serving nostalgia on plates at Soda Bottle Opener Wala in Kolkata
- Newcastle – a gem of a destination close to Sydney
- 23 Experiences in Philadelphia in 2023
- Valentine's Day: From a quick meal to elaborate dinners, celebrations across the country
- V-Day Treats: Take your pick from fun get togethers to private dining to home deliveries in Kolkata
- Party vibes: Enjoy the good times at Soul-The Sky Lounge
- Bar Goa, Rooh Chicago owner Manish Mallick honored with Pride of India Award
- Kolkata: Hammer launches rooftop cafe in Park Street
- Top five US destinations to add to your 2023 travel bucket list
- Mandu Festival: Top 5 reasons to experience this Madhya Pradesh fest
New Delhi: Airlines major Air India launched its first-ever non-stop flight to London Gatwick, from Amritsar on Monday.
Singapore/NITN: Scoot, the low-cost subsidiary of Singapore Airlines (SIA), announced that it will steadily resume flights to and from China buoyed by further relaxation of border restrictions imposed during the pandemic.
Indian carrier IndiGo has announced exclusive flights between Bengaluru to Kolhapur, and connecting flights via Bengaluru from Coimbatore to Kolhapur, effective Jan 13, 2023.