NITN | @notintownlive | 10 Feb 2023, 01:24 am
Kolkata: Building on his experience of running the Soul Café coupled with his business acumen, Abhishek Dutt has turned ‘Soul – The Sky Lounge’ into one of the popular restaurants of Kolkata.
Hailing from the well-known jewellery brands, Benud Behari Dutt Jewellers, Dutt sharpened his business skills by joining the family business when he was 16.
But it was the hospitality business, especially food and beverage, which tugged at his heartstrings.
In 2016, Dutt started off with a 1,000 square feet café, called Soul Café, on Syed Amir Ali Avenue.
He aimed to catch the attention of the young crowd.
The cafe organised activities like Zumba classes and also included a billiards room.
In 2019, in his quest to find a bigger place, he chanced upon a heritage building on Little Russel Street.
The rooftop with a panoramic view of the city’s skyline became ‘Soul – The Sky Lounge’ with a bar, an eclectic food menu and a live tandoor, among other things.
Here is a glimpse of what you may expect.
Birds of Paradise - Vodka, Jalapeno and Basil
Giant Fruit Margherita - Tequila, loads of fruits
Mudslide - Vodka, Kahlua, Baileys Cream and lots of Chocolate
Chatpata – White Rum, Bell peppers, Lime, Mint and Jaljeera
Bao – Served with a variety of sautéed veggies, Chilli paneer, Chilli Chicken, Crispy Chicken and Schezwan Prawn
Chicken Tangdi Kabab - Succulent Chicken leg pieces, charcoal grilled from at the live tandoor
Mezze Platter - Pita bread, Lavash, Hummus, Sprout salad, Baba Ganoush and Falafel; can add tandoori chicken to this
Lobster Thermidor - A French classic. Lobster meat cooked in red wine sauce and stuffed back into the shell; served with sautéed vegetables and herbed rice
Toffee Walnut - Creamy, rich walnut fudge
- Have you been to these 12 Christmas markets in Europe?
- First Person: Among the happy, hospitable and artistic Uzbek people
- Georgian flavour
- Wedding Asia New Delhi returns with latest bridal couture and opulence
- Kolkata raises a toast to Shashi Tharoor's latest book launched at a session of Kitaab
- With rich tapestry of culture and economic vigour, Atyrau region in Kazakhstan shines bright
- Washington DC: That buzzy feel in the city where Potus, power and politics cohabit Smithsonian
- Visit Victoria, Qantas collaborate with MasterChef Australia finalist Kishwar Chowdhury for 'Flavours of Melbourne'
- International Ganesh Festival 2023: Mumbai
- International Ganesh Festival 2023: Ratnagiri
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.