NITN | @notintownlive | 10 Feb 2023, 01:24 am
Kolkata: Building on his experience of running the Soul Café coupled with his business acumen, Abhishek Dutt has turned ‘Soul – The Sky Lounge’ into one of the popular restaurants of Kolkata.
Hailing from the well-known jewellery brands, Benud Behari Dutt Jewellers, Dutt sharpened his business skills by joining the family business when he was 16.
But it was the hospitality business, especially food and beverage, which tugged at his heartstrings.
In 2016, Dutt started off with a 1,000 square feet café, called Soul Café, on Syed Amir Ali Avenue.
He aimed to catch the attention of the young crowd.
The cafe organised activities like Zumba classes and also included a billiards room.
In 2019, in his quest to find a bigger place, he chanced upon a heritage building on Little Russel Street.
The rooftop with a panoramic view of the city’s skyline became ‘Soul – The Sky Lounge’ with a bar, an eclectic food menu and a live tandoor, among other things.
Here is a glimpse of what you may expect.
Birds of Paradise - Vodka, Jalapeno and Basil
Giant Fruit Margherita - Tequila, loads of fruits
Mudslide - Vodka, Kahlua, Baileys Cream and lots of Chocolate
Chatpata – White Rum, Bell peppers, Lime, Mint and Jaljeera
Bao – Served with a variety of sautéed veggies, Chilli paneer, Chilli Chicken, Crispy Chicken and Schezwan Prawn
Chicken Tangdi Kabab - Succulent Chicken leg pieces, charcoal grilled from at the live tandoor
Mezze Platter - Pita bread, Lavash, Hummus, Sprout salad, Baba Ganoush and Falafel; can add tandoori chicken to this
Lobster Thermidor - A French classic. Lobster meat cooked in red wine sauce and stuffed back into the shell; served with sautéed vegetables and herbed rice
Toffee Walnut - Creamy, rich walnut fudge
- Serving nostalgia on plates at Soda Bottle Opener Wala in Kolkata
- Newcastle – a gem of a destination close to Sydney
- 23 Experiences in Philadelphia in 2023
- Valentine's Day: From a quick meal to elaborate dinners, celebrations across the country
- V-Day Treats: Take your pick from fun get togethers to private dining to home deliveries in Kolkata
- Party vibes: Enjoy the good times at Soul-The Sky Lounge
- Bar Goa, Rooh Chicago owner Manish Mallick honored with Pride of India Award
- Kolkata: Hammer launches rooftop cafe in Park Street
- Top five US destinations to add to your 2023 travel bucket list
- Mandu Festival: Top 5 reasons to experience this Madhya Pradesh fest
Singapore/NITN: Scoot, the low-cost subsidiary of Singapore Airlines (SIA), announced that it will steadily resume flights to and from China buoyed by further relaxation of border restrictions imposed during the pandemic.
Indian carrier IndiGo has announced exclusive flights between Bengaluru to Kolhapur, and connecting flights via Bengaluru from Coimbatore to Kolhapur, effective Jan 13, 2023.
Qantas, the national airline of Australia, created history on Sep 14 when QF 67 took off from Sydney’s Kingsford International Airport to touch Bengaluru, the southern Indian city famously known as ‘The Silicon Valley of The East’, completing the non-stop flight in less than twelve hours.