Abdujabbar Khatri | @notintownlive | 30 Nov 2023, 06:20 am
I have heard many times about Uzbekistan. I took Indian silk fabrics to the international craft festival held in Kokand recently.
I was happy to see that there are women in Uzbekistan who not only respect Indian movies, actors and actresses, but also wear our national sarees with interest and envy.
Silk production has also developed widely in Uzbekistan. The colors of the Uzbek national fabric are harmonious with each other. The main thing is that they are natural and do not fail to amaze the viewer. The steps, historical monuments, and artifacts of this country talk about its long and rich past.
At this point, I should mention the hospitality and open-mindness of the people of Uzbekistan. That's what surprised and excited me. No matter where we went, they put their hands on their chests, hold a cup of hot tea, and invite us to their home.
Their tables are always full, and they serve fresh-cut bread from the oven, fresh fruits raised in the country garden. And the smile on their faces reflects their satisfaction with their lives.
I learned many things from Uzbek craftsmen, exchanged experiences, and made friends. I learned that they respect the traditions and national values passed down from generations to generations.
In particular, they pass on the art of weaving silk fabrics to their children and grandchildren. I am very happy to be in the company of such kind people.
(The writer is an Indian craftsman)
- Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives beckons travellers with a fun-filled Easter holiday plan
- Aminia presents Tiranga Festival 2024 to celebrate the 75th Republic Day
- Christ Church of Mhow in Madhya Pradesh completes 200 years, celebrations follow
- An itinerary that takes you on a trail of architectural gems of Madhya Pradesh along with a national park
- Day trips from Kolkata: Five destinations inspired by literature and art
- When less is more: Capsule wardrobes drive sustainable fashion in the US and India
- Of human bondage: An Atlanta museum reminds the Black Americans' tortuous journey to equality
- Plan a winter vacation around Sindhudurg and Tarkarli beach of southern Maharashtra
- Have you been to these 12 Christmas markets in Europe?
- First Person: Among the happy, hospitable and artistic Uzbek people
Tokyo: Airlines were forced to cancel over 300 flights following the collision between a Japan Coast Guard aircraft and a Japan Airlines passenger plane at Tokyo's Haneda Airport on Tuesday evening even as reports said the plane was cleared to land ahead of the tragedy.
New Delhi/NITN: Regular flyers on Jazeera Airways, Kuwait’s low-cost carrier, can now avail a host of discounts and benefits by enrolling for the new membership club introduced by the airline, recently.
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.