09 May 2015, 07:23 am
“Johnny Balraj, the character I play is more than a fighter; he’s a street cage fighter. I think the character is more about this boy who wants to become a big shot in life, he wants to make money in whatever way it comes.” Kapoor said about his character.
The actor said that Kishore Kumar’s look, especially the curly hair, was an inspiration for his look in the film.
When asked about his favorite actresses of those times, he said, “It would be lovely to go back to the 50’s and the actresses would be Nargis, Waheeda Rahman, and Madhubala. All of them are so beautiful, such great actresses, so much of grace.”
On the criterion he looks for while selecting a script he said, “Saawariya (his debut movie) was accepted not because of the script, I did it for Sanjay Leela Bhansali. He is my mentor; I even assisted him in 'Black'. Over the years you develop your outlook. The stories you like, the characters you like keep on evolving.”
He clarified that Bombay Velvet is not entirely based on the novel. “The world of Bombay Velvet has been adapted from Mumbai Fables, but the story is completely different. Anurag and his team of writers worked for eight years,” he said.
The film's female lead Anushka said she had to train for two months (Vocal Training) for the film.
Anushka kept her silence on the World Cup controversy concerning her boyfriend Virat Kohli while her co-star termed it as “unnecessary”, “insensitive” and a “joke blown out of proportion”.
Both the actors refrained from any comments on the ongoing Salman Khan saga.
- Winter escapades in Italy: Unveiling the snow-covered splendors
- Five attractions you cannot miss if you are at Yas Island Abu Dhabi for IIFA 2023
- Summer Holidays: Five offbeat hill destinations in India
- Fergana: A mesmerizing destination to visit in Uzbekistan
- Three special recipes to whip up at home this World Cocktail Day
- Viva Cuba: Rides to remember in Havana's vintage roadshow-stoppers
- World Heritage Day: Add these royal homestays of Madhya Pradesh to your itinerary when visiting the state
- Kolkata restaurants gear up with special offers to mark the end of Ramzan
- On a romantic holiday to Philadelphia: 10 things you cannot miss
- Assam’s bellwether festival Bihu goes global with Guinness Records entry
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.
Gurugram/IBNS: Air India, one of India’s leading airlines and a Star Alliance member, has entered an interline partnership with full-service carrier, Vistara (a joint venture of Tata and Singapore Airlines).