NITN | @notintownlive | 06 Jul 2022, 11:49 pm
Colombo: SriLankan Airlines has confirmed that claims made about reducing or discontinuing its operations to Tiruchirappalli in a recent news article in a South Indian daily newspaper are completely untrue.
In a statement it said, the "SriLankan Airlines continues to operate daily flights from Tiruchirappalli to Colombo, and there has been no reduction in the number of scheduled passenger flights being operated between the two cities contrary to what has been reported in the press."
"India remains one of SriLankan Airlines’ leading markets and the airline has consistently strived to enhance its services in India and offer Indian customers with a greater overall travel experience. Moving on from the pandemic, the airline increased its frequency of flights across India at the start of this Summer season, including the introduction of daily flights between Tiruchirappalli and Colombo," it said.
"SriLankan Airlines would like to assure Indian customers that the airline’s daily flight operations between Tiruchirappalli and Colombo remain unchanged and to book with confidence as the airline will make every reasonable effort to fulfill customers’ travel plans," it added.
- Over 300 flights cancelled after Tokyo airport collision killing 5; the plane was cleared to land
- New discount membership club from Kuwait’s Jazeera Airways, avail special introductory rates
- Air India deploys newly inducted Boeing 777s in Mumbai-USA routes
- SriLankan Airlines, Emirates forge interline agreement to enhance passenger connectivity
- Malaysia Airlines introduces new services between Kuala Lumpur and three Indian cities
- United Airlines increases non stop flights between New Delhi and New York
- Qatar Airways expands network with inaugural direct flights to Lyon, France
- Air India launches Upgrade+ to simplify purchased cabin upgrades
- American Airlines expands routes and international destination at Miami Airport
- Etihad Airways enhances connectivity with daily flights between Abu Dhabi and Kochi
Tokyo: Airlines were forced to cancel over 300 flights following the collision between a Japan Coast Guard aircraft and a Japan Airlines passenger plane at Tokyo's Haneda Airport on Tuesday evening even as reports said the plane was cleared to land ahead of the tragedy.
New Delhi/NITN: Regular flyers on Jazeera Airways, Kuwait’s low-cost carrier, can now avail a host of discounts and benefits by enrolling for the new membership club introduced by the airline, recently.
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.