NITN | @notintownlive | 03 Jun 2023, 03:13 pm
Representational image by Praveen Thirumurugan on Unsplash
Gurugram/IBNS: Vistara, India's renowned full-service airline and a joint venture between the Tata group and Singapore Airlines, commenced its non-stop flights between Mumbai and London's Heathrow Airport.
The inaugural flight, operated by the advanced Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft, took off from Mumbai at 14:35 Hours (IST) and is scheduled to arrive at London Heathrow Airport at 19:55 Hours (BST).
The Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner of Vistara is well-known for its exceptional features, including comfortable three-class seating, contemporary interiors, wireless connectivity onboard, cutting-edge in-flight entertainment system with live TV, and innovative wellness lighting solution.
Vinod Kannan, the CEO of Vistara, expressed his enthusiasm about launching direct connectivity between Mumbai and London, which is a historically significant route for trade, business, and tourism.
Mumbai serves as India's financial capital, while London holds paramount importance in the global financial world and is a popular travel destination for Indians.
The newly introduced route offers convenient departure and arrival timings, aligning with Vistara's commitment to providing flexibility and convenience to its customers.
Kannan emphasized that Vistara's world-class product, complemented by its globally acclaimed service, ensures an exceptional flying experience for passengers.
To mark the inauguration of the international route, Vistara held a ceremonial lamp lighting ceremony at Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport. Passengers on the inaugural flight were treated to themed delicacies, including regional favorites like pav bhaji and keema pav, along with London's specialty beer, Brewdog Punk IPA, on the return flight.
- SriLankan Airlines, Emirates forge interline agreement to enhance passenger connectivity
- Malaysia Airlines introduces new services between Kuala Lumpur and three Indian cities
- United Airlines increases non stop flights between New Delhi and New York
- Qatar Airways expands network with inaugural direct flights to Lyon, France
- Air India launches Upgrade+ to simplify purchased cabin upgrades
- American Airlines expands routes and international destination at Miami Airport
- Etihad Airways enhances connectivity with daily flights between Abu Dhabi and Kochi
- Vistara launches non-stop Mumbai-London flights, offering unmatched travel experience and connectivity
- IndiGo scales up international operations, lines up 174 weekly flights
- Air New Zealand implements passenger weight survey on international flights from Auckland
Colombo/UNI: SriLankan Airlines and Emirates have entered into a reciprocal interline agreement aimed at bolstering connectivity for travelers.
Kuala Lumpur/NITN: Malaysia Airlines is offering introductory fares on their three new services between Kuala Lumpur and the Indian cities of Amritsar, Thiruvananthapuram and Ahmedabad.
New Delhi: United Airlines has announced an increase in service between New Delhi and New York/Newark, with a doubling of flights from once to twice daily during the winter season 2023/24.