NITN | @notintownlive | 30 Mar 2023, 11:32 am
Bengaluru: IT veteran Venkatraman Umakanth, Senior Vice President, Vee Technologies has been named as the ‘Small and Medium Business CTO of the Year’ at the IT4SMB summit that highlighted the changing landscape of technology and its transformational power held at Bengaluru recently.
The IT4SMB awards are a celebration of sharp and innovative thinking of businesses to overhaul their business model and integrate it with solutions to uncover new market opportunities, driving overall growth.
“This recognition is significant for all of us at Vee Technologies and diverse customers ranging from healthcare in the USA to e-Governance in India. It highlights the value we add by early technology adoption, creation of proprietary tools and providing end-to-end solutions,” said Venkatraman Umakanth, Sr. Vice President, Analytics, IT and Animation. Vee Technologies, the Bengaluru and New York headquartered IT firm.
Chocko Valliappa, founder and CEO, Vee Technologies, said “As a customer-focused company we empower our people to forecast technology trends and be trendsetters for rapid technology adoption to benefit our customers. During Covid our teams co-developed an indigenous seam-sealing machine to make PPE kits, built the VeeTrace app for contact tracing and an AI-proctored solution for conduct of online exams used by scores of Colleges and Universities.”
The awards were given away at the SMB Summit organised by the Economic Times and the Forbes 500 technology company, Lenovo, in the presence of the who’s who of Karnataka Inc. The awards recognise SMBs in Karnataka that have demonstrated exceptional technology excellence. The awardees are individuals and companies that are leading the way for greater tech adoption amongst SMBs.
The jury included Satyavrat Mishra, Head Corporate IT, Godrej Industries; Amit Saluja, Senior Director NASSCOM; Abhay Bapna, AVP IT, Adani Wilmar and Manoj Chugh, veteran IT industry leader.
- Ruskin Bond unveils creative diary designed by 6-year-old Aavya
- Vee Tech CEO Chocko Valliappa nominated as member of Syndicate of Anna University
- HireMee wins Future Ready organisation award by HRworld
- Fashionista Samantha Kochharr arrives at the literary scene with her debut book Arribada: The Arrival
- Vattikuti Foundation announces global Robotic Surgery competition
- Grammy-winning Ricky Kej curates unique Music of the Month themes for Kolkata-based Prabha Khaitan Foundation
- Sona College students turn Covid trash into cement-free bricks with innovative method
- ISRO’s RLV LEX boosts indigenous tech to power India’s defence needs
- Vee Technologies’ Venkat Umakanth is the SMB CTO of the year
- Vee Technologies appoints Bhupendra Joshi as CHRO
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.
Gurugram/IBNS: Air India, one of India’s leading airlines and a Star Alliance member, has entered an interline partnership with full-service carrier, Vistara (a joint venture of Tata and Singapore Airlines).