NITN | @notintownlive | 30 Mar 2023, 11:32 am
Bengaluru: IT veteran Venkatraman Umakanth, Senior Vice President, Vee Technologies has been named as the ‘Small and Medium Business CTO of the Year’ at the IT4SMB summit that highlighted the changing landscape of technology and its transformational power held at Bengaluru recently.
The IT4SMB awards are a celebration of sharp and innovative thinking of businesses to overhaul their business model and integrate it with solutions to uncover new market opportunities, driving overall growth.
“This recognition is significant for all of us at Vee Technologies and diverse customers ranging from healthcare in the USA to e-Governance in India. It highlights the value we add by early technology adoption, creation of proprietary tools and providing end-to-end solutions,” said Venkatraman Umakanth, Sr. Vice President, Analytics, IT and Animation. Vee Technologies, the Bengaluru and New York headquartered IT firm.
Chocko Valliappa, founder and CEO, Vee Technologies, said “As a customer-focused company we empower our people to forecast technology trends and be trendsetters for rapid technology adoption to benefit our customers. During Covid our teams co-developed an indigenous seam-sealing machine to make PPE kits, built the VeeTrace app for contact tracing and an AI-proctored solution for conduct of online exams used by scores of Colleges and Universities.”
The awards were given away at the SMB Summit organised by the Economic Times and the Forbes 500 technology company, Lenovo, in the presence of the who’s who of Karnataka Inc. The awards recognise SMBs in Karnataka that have demonstrated exceptional technology excellence. The awardees are individuals and companies that are leading the way for greater tech adoption amongst SMBs.
The jury included Satyavrat Mishra, Head Corporate IT, Godrej Industries; Amit Saluja, Senior Director NASSCOM; Abhay Bapna, AVP IT, Adani Wilmar and Manoj Chugh, veteran IT industry leader.
- Sona College of Technology powers ISRO rocket that launched Insat-3DS weather satellite
- Vee Technologies named to Global Outsourcing 100 list by IAOP for 9th consecutive year
- NCVET recognises assessment firm HireMee as an Assessment Agency
- Smart India Hackathon 2023: Sona College of Technology student teams emerge winners
- Muskaan and Co-scholastic interactive workshop highlight wisdom of dohas and poetry to school students in New Delhi
- As India surges ahead in digital payments, US plays catch-up
- KGMU exemplifies Uttar Pradesh's Rich 'Ganga-Jamuni' Heritage: Dr Mahendra Bhandari
- Prabha Khaitan Foundation hosts an enriching session of Kalam with Dr Sachchidanand Joshi in Kolkata
- KGMU honours inaugural VC, urologist and robotic surgery champion Mahendra Bhandari with DSc
- Prabha Khaitan Foundation flags off literary journey in Ayodhya, unveils Anant Vijay’s book at the Kitaab event
Tokyo: Airlines were forced to cancel over 300 flights following the collision between a Japan Coast Guard aircraft and a Japan Airlines passenger plane at Tokyo's Haneda Airport on Tuesday evening even as reports said the plane was cleared to land ahead of the tragedy.
New Delhi/NITN: Regular flyers on Jazeera Airways, Kuwait’s low-cost carrier, can now avail a host of discounts and benefits by enrolling for the new membership club introduced by the airline, recently.
Gurugram: Air India, a global airline in India, has initiated the deployment of its recently acquired Boeing 777 aircraft to serve all three non-stop routes from Mumbai to the United States.