NITN | @notintownlive | 20 Jul 2022, 07:57 am
Image Credit: Unsplash
New Delhi/IBNS: Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Germany and Spain make the top three strongest passport holding nations, as per the latest Henley Passport Index.
Japan has been dominating the passport index ranking for five consecutive years, providing fuss-free entry into 193 countries.
The number two spot is jointly held by Singapore and South Korea while Germany and Spain are placed third.
After the international travel ban was lifted by the Centre in March, the Indian passport ranking is 87, The Mint reported.
India had imposed a ban on international flights during March, 2020.
An Indian passport holder can now easily travel to 60 countries, it reported.
The rest of the top five strongest passport holding nations list includes Finland, Italy, Luxembourg, Austria, Denmark and Netherlands
- New airlines, new destinations and better facilities make San Francisco International Airport more attractive
- 10 Asian countries Indian passport holders can travel to with Visa on Arrival
- International Museum Day: Have you been to these 12 museums in Kolkata?
- Gold Coast hosts Tourism Australia’s annual flagship event
- World Heritage Day: Add these royal homestays of Madhya Pradesh to your itinerary when visiting the state
- Asia's largest tulip garden in Srinagar attracts record visitors; expected to beat earlier records
- India’s desert botanical resort Kaner Retreat is among most incredible places to stay by Belgium publication
- Vistara to operate five additional weekly flights between India and Mauritius
- Travel and Tourism Trends to Watch for in 2023
- Foreign tourist inflow rises by 789 % in world famous Kaziranga national park in Assam
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.
Gurugram/IBNS: Air India, one of India’s leading airlines and a Star Alliance member, has entered an interline partnership with full-service carrier, Vistara (a joint venture of Tata and Singapore Airlines).