NITN | @notintownlive | 10 Aug 2022, 08:03 am
Image Credit: Unsplash
New Delhi: Budget-carrier Indigo will introduce new flights between Mumbai and Ras Al Khaimah with effect from Sept. 22, as per media reports.
Chief Strategy and Revenue Officer at IndiGo Sanjay Kumar said, “We are pleased to announce our entry into the fourth Emirate with Ras Al Khaimah as our 26th international and 100th overall destination.
"These new flights will cater to the high demand for travel to Ras Al Khaimah, with India being the third largest international source market for the city in 2021, and traffic expected to reach pre-pandemic levels this year.
“The increased connectivity will not only bolster trade but also strengthen sustainable and responsible tourism between the countries.”
CEO of Ras Al Khaimah International Airport Atanasios Titonis said, “We envisage a huge array of opportunities coming in from the Indian subcontinent with the start of this operation as Mumbai is a major airline hub and it can further connect our passengers to several destinations within India and also other international destinations served by IndiGo.”
Chairman of the Department of Civil Aviation Ras Al Khaimah and Ras Al Khaimah International Airport Sheikh Salem bin Sultan Al Qasimi said, “Ras Al Khaimah’s thriving tourism and industrial sector will benefit from this connectivity and I am confident that this partnership will prove to be an important piece in our ongoing expansion strategy for the airport.”
- New airlines, new destinations and better facilities make San Francisco International Airport more attractive
- 10 Asian countries Indian passport holders can travel to with Visa on Arrival
- International Museum Day: Have you been to these 12 museums in Kolkata?
- Gold Coast hosts Tourism Australia’s annual flagship event
- World Heritage Day: Add these royal homestays of Madhya Pradesh to your itinerary when visiting the state
- Asia's largest tulip garden in Srinagar attracts record visitors; expected to beat earlier records
- India’s desert botanical resort Kaner Retreat is among most incredible places to stay by Belgium publication
- Vistara to operate five additional weekly flights between India and Mauritius
- Travel and Tourism Trends to Watch for in 2023
- Foreign tourist inflow rises by 789 % in world famous Kaziranga national park in Assam
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.
Gurugram/IBNS: Air India, one of India’s leading airlines and a Star Alliance member, has entered an interline partnership with full-service carrier, Vistara (a joint venture of Tata and Singapore Airlines).