India Blooms News Service | @indiablooms | 01 Oct 2019, 08:30 pm
Honolulu: AirAsia has won the “Grand Sweepstakes Award - 2019” at the 73rd Annual Aloha Festivals Floral Parade in Honolulu, ending Hawaiian Airlines’ reign of winning this award in the same award category for the past 20 consecutive years.
AirAsia’s floral float featured a giant ukulele covered by adzuki and black beans with a giant lei (garland of flowers) made of hydrangeas, spider mums and leaves to symbolise the multicultural heritage and cultural beauty of the Hawaiian Islands.
Aloha Festivals is the largest Hawaiian cultural celebration in the US. It started as Aloha Week in 1946 and slowly evolved into a statewide celebration of Hawaiian culture with major events on the island of O’ahu, which now attracts over 100,000 people each year.
The colourful procession of the Floral Parade is the grand finale of the annual Aloha Festival.
- New airlines, new destinations and better facilities make San Francisco International Airport more attractive
- 10 Asian countries Indian passport holders can travel to with Visa on Arrival
- International Museum Day: Have you been to these 12 museums in Kolkata?
- Gold Coast hosts Tourism Australia’s annual flagship event
- World Heritage Day: Add these royal homestays of Madhya Pradesh to your itinerary when visiting the state
- Asia's largest tulip garden in Srinagar attracts record visitors; expected to beat earlier records
- India’s desert botanical resort Kaner Retreat is among most incredible places to stay by Belgium publication
- Vistara to operate five additional weekly flights between India and Mauritius
- Travel and Tourism Trends to Watch for in 2023
- Foreign tourist inflow rises by 789 % in world famous Kaziranga national park in Assam
Abu Dhabi/UAE: Etihad Airways announced its plans to launch five weekly flights to Osaka, Japan, starting from October 1, 2023. This move will establish a vital link between one of the world's most culturally vibrant cities and Etihad's extensive global network.
Kolkata: Akasa Air, a new airline operating in India, on Thursday commenced its operations from Kolkata.
Gurugram/IBNS: Air India, one of India’s leading airlines and a Star Alliance member, has entered an interline partnership with full-service carrier, Vistara (a joint venture of Tata and Singapore Airlines).