A Photo Essay by Bijoy Chowdhury
One needs to be here to experience and feel. Amazing landscape, very old tribal culture, ethnic villages with unique settlement pattern, vibrant weekly markets, farm fresh local cuisine, traditional tunes with drum bits and after all the ever smiling local tribal community awaits your visit to DESIA,
Desia is a community based Rural Tourism Initiative by Heritage Tours, Bantalbiri Village and a local NGO Barefoot. The objective of this initiative is to bring the benefit of tourism to the local tribes and other community living in the valley by making tourism a tool.
The ethics is biased on principles of Eco Tourism and Responsible Travel where the part of the earning is spend to conserve the Eco system of the region, to bring sustainable development to the region and to provide authentic rural and ethnic Experience for the culture & nature loving Guests who come to explore this less known but spectacular valley. We strongly believe that Tourism is a tool which can not only empower the community or provide opportunity to meet another culture but also can be an instrumental to bring Peace & Harmony.
Desia is built with local materials, local community, designed by reputed artist to give an contemporary artistic look with maximum level of comfort as possible for the place and uses non convention energy. Starting from construction till your departure... You will find a local touch. With this we welcome you to this wonderful valley Koraput where you can listen the story of the people, their belief, their rituals, their indigenous agricultural livelihood, the weekly market (haat) and music - all fitted in a amazing landscape which explains LIVING IN HARMONY WITH NATURE beyond time.
- Now is the time to visit the Taiwan Hot Air Balloon Festival!
- 'World shifting focus to growing luxury consumer base in India'
- Rishop: And the Quaint Mountains Echoed
- Kolkata's Monkey Bar offers special offers on Father's Day
- JW Marriott Kolkata introduces special menu for Father’s Day
- The Ashok in New Delhi prepares special menu for Sehri and Iftar during Ramadan
- Delight your friends by sharing a MoBox from Monkey Bar
- Yoga reflects flow of cultures East and West
- Pride Toronto: The biggest LGBTQ party this June is in Toronto
- ZEE Jaipur Lit Fest to transform The British Library in London for the first time
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.
Abu Dhabi, Jun 8 (IBNS): Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is promoting a '48-Hour Abu Dhabi Stopover Programme' in Abu Dhabi with curated programmes of up to two nights’ accommodation for passengers who transit through its Abu Dhabi base.
Mumbai, May 18 (NITN): With the onset of the holiday season, JetEscapes Holidays from Jet Airways announced its latest line-up of brand new, all-inclusive holiday options for 2017 summer season.