NITN | @notintownlive | 16 Apr 2018
Caroline Monteiro hopes to reconnect with her biological family members through her debut book that talks of her life's journey.
Congratulations on the release of 'From the Streets of Mumbai to Dubai'. Is this your debut attempt as an author?
Yes. have been wanting to write this for a long time, now I wish to continue to write many more books from here on.
We believe it's an autobiographical account. What made you write this?
I want the whole world to know how kind God has been in protecting me from all sorts of dangers through all the stages of my life. Even in the most difficult moment, when everyone would consider it impossible for an 8-year old girl to survive.
Through this book I would like to connect with all the people who have helped me in my journey, especially those with whom I have lost contact. I also hope to reconnect with my biological family members.
What kind of help and support did you receive from people in the course of writing this book?
I was blessed to have received a lot of emotional support and strength from my two lovely daughters, my dear husband and my two dearest friends Leena Miranda and Ratna Lama, who constantly stood by me as pillars of support and encouragement.
What inspires you as a writer?
It gives me immense pleasure to share my life experiences in the form of stories, with the hope that it can inspire other people who may be in similar situations. I also enjoy writing.
What kind of readers are you expecting for your book?
While I want the whole world to know my story, I mainly want to reach out to people who are going through difficult moments in their life. I want all of them to believe that there is still hope and a very loving God to help them out of every situation in their life.
- Kolkata-based real estate firm Ascon is slated to foray into education sector
- India is still not a single nation: Meghnad Desai
- UNSW Sydney's team producing high-quality building products made from old clothing and mixed waste glass
- Fashion designer Agnimitra Paul opens exhibition to help women entrepreneurs
- Vocalist Sohini Roy Chowdhury regales audience at city concert
- Sanskriti University signs MOU with ICAR-NBPGR
- India urged to bridge gap between evidence and policy in tackling women’s cancers
- Expert Speak: Choosing the First Job
- Eco Adventure tourism is the next big thing for Indian tourism industry, says Priya Entertainments' MD Arijit Dutta
- Pandit Tarun Bhattacharya to unveil Santoor Ashram Foundation for Global Music Promotion in Los Angeles
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).