NITN | @notintownlive | 04 Jun 2018
Her book 'Through a Prism; is a reflection of her fondness for reading different genres
Congratulations on the release of 'Through a Prism'. How would you like to describe your process of completing the book and finally having it published?
Thank you. The excitement and the anticipation I felt from the beginning till the publishing of the book is unfathomable. This book is my dream come true. When I look back, I realise I never thought I could be an author. Yet, I chased my dreams and this is how the book came into existence. This proves again that if you wish for something wholeheartedly and work towards it, you'll achieve success.
We heard there is a lot of excitement about your book after its release. What kind of promotion are you doing to reach out to more of your readers?
I believe my collection of short stories is based on a unique concept and that should draw the attention of readers. I'm hoping the word of mouth would do a great job. However, I also have a Facebook page and an Instagram profile for promoting my book.
What kind of books do you enjoy reading?
I love reading a variety of books, both in English and in my mother tongue Bengali. My interests range from murder mysteries, historical fictions and fantasy to romance and teen fiction. My varied interests have been reflected in my book as each story belongs to a different genre.
Do you aspire to take writing as a career?
Writing has always been my passion. It is a way of expressing my feelings and reaching across to people. However, I wouldn't like to make my passion my profession. So, for now, I'd like to take up medicine as a career option and write as much as possible during my leisure time.
Are you writing anything next?
I have my personal blog on Tumblr where I write regularly. Apart from that I have no such plans which could feature in form of a book. But once something fascinating strikes my mind, I'll be quick in writing another book.
- UNSW Sydney's team producing high-quality building products made from old clothing and mixed waste glass
- Fashion designer Agnimitra Paul opens exhibition to help women entrepreneurs
- Vocalist Sohini Roy Chowdhury regales audience at city concert
- Sanskriti University signs MOU with ICAR-NBPGR
- India urged to bridge gap between evidence and policy in tackling women’s cancers
- Expert Speak: Choosing the First Job
- Eco Adventure tourism is the next big thing for Indian tourism industry, says Priya Entertainments' MD Arijit Dutta
- Pandit Tarun Bhattacharya to unveil Santoor Ashram Foundation for Global Music Promotion in Los Angeles
- Rhitom Sarkar, slide guitar artist, is keen to take his melody to a wider audience
- Yellow and Violet : An artist's impression of the colours that stand poles apart
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).