NITN | @notintownlive | 04 Jun 2018
Her book 'Through a Prism; is a reflection of her fondness for reading different genres
Congratulations on the release of 'Through a Prism'. How would you like to describe your process of completing the book and finally having it published?
Thank you. The excitement and the anticipation I felt from the beginning till the publishing of the book is unfathomable. This book is my dream come true. When I look back, I realise I never thought I could be an author. Yet, I chased my dreams and this is how the book came into existence. This proves again that if you wish for something wholeheartedly and work towards it, you'll achieve success.
We heard there is a lot of excitement about your book after its release. What kind of promotion are you doing to reach out to more of your readers?
I believe my collection of short stories is based on a unique concept and that should draw the attention of readers. I'm hoping the word of mouth would do a great job. However, I also have a Facebook page and an Instagram profile for promoting my book.
What kind of books do you enjoy reading?
I love reading a variety of books, both in English and in my mother tongue Bengali. My interests range from murder mysteries, historical fictions and fantasy to romance and teen fiction. My varied interests have been reflected in my book as each story belongs to a different genre.
Do you aspire to take writing as a career?
Writing has always been my passion. It is a way of expressing my feelings and reaching across to people. However, I wouldn't like to make my passion my profession. So, for now, I'd like to take up medicine as a career option and write as much as possible during my leisure time.
Are you writing anything next?
I have my personal blog on Tumblr where I write regularly. Apart from that I have no such plans which could feature in form of a book. But once something fascinating strikes my mind, I'll be quick in writing another book.
- Book review: This anthology of Hindi poems is like a salve to the senses
- Book review: This Bengali novel is a mirror to many ills seen in society today
- Book review: A book to help you master Hindi grammar
- Myanmar’s Cardinal Bo lauds India’s disaster management efforts; calls for peace and greater use of Bible in life & mission
- Prosenjit Chatterjee, Srijit Mukherji launch Conundrum: Subhas Bose’s life after death
- Kolkata: Lokshilpa O Karukriti Mela held at Jorasanko Thakurbari
- Easiest way to target women is by aiming at her sexuality: Seema Goswami
- Author interview: Sheela Agarwal talks about her book 'Saral Hindi Byakaran'
- Thalassaemia Free India: Cafe Annyo rut-E, Golf Green, Rotary Club of Calcutta Metro City launch financial year calendar
- Kolkata: ICCR, PLAY ON and Rotary Club of Calcutta Metro City hosts Sachetanata
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.