NITN | @notintownlive | 09 Jul 2018
Kolkata, July 9 (NITN): Most of us have travelled by trains innumerable times but how many of us are aware of the behind-the-scene stories? Deepak Sapra's debut novel 'The Boy Who Loved Trains' will let you into this heretofore little known world.
A former Indian Railways Service officer, Sapra himself has a lifelong fascination for trains and train journeys, he said during the launch of his book in Kolkata, recently.
The book's protagonist Jeet Arora works for the Eastern Railways, responsible for running trains on one of the densest train routes in the country, reflects the same passion for the railways.
Sapra has drawn on his experience as a railway officer and the people he has met during his tenure -- from his boss to his dear friend to Lakshmi Mashi who commutes daily for work -- to build the story of 'The Boy Who Loved Trains'.
Starmark, one of Kolkata's leading bookstore, hosted the book launch at its Quest Mall outlet, in association with Readomania.
Actor-director Jayant Kripalani and founder of Aakash Aath news channel PC Sen were present at the book launch.
Kripalani too spoke about one of his most nostalgic train journeys, of listening to Baul songs on a train to Shantiniketan.
(Reporting by AVIRUPA DAS)
- DIY Foods: Hands on!
- Aditya Group, Anirban Aditya awarded with India’s Greatest Brands and Leaders Award 2017-2018
- A Rotarian accounts the success story of Polio Eradication
- Author interview: Lopamudra Sen on her book 'To Write Love on Her Hand'
- Author interview: Rajender Singh on his book 'A Conversation with the Mountain and Other Stories '
- Anthology 'Abrittir Kobita' fulfills a void in the world of Bengali recitation, say poets and elocutionists
- Starmark holds launch of pocket editions of Bhagvad Gita, Hanuman Chalisa, Yoga Sutras
- Mexico confers top Mexican honour on distinguished Indian personalities
- UNSW continues to score in graduate employability
- Indian vocalist wins second prize in the Maqom Art International Forum in Uzbekistan
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.