NITN | @notintownlive | 09 Jul 2018
Kolkata, July 9 (NITN): Most of us have travelled by trains innumerable times but how many of us are aware of the behind-the-scene stories? Deepak Sapra's debut novel 'The Boy Who Loved Trains' will let you into this heretofore little known world.
A former Indian Railways Service officer, Sapra himself has a lifelong fascination for trains and train journeys, he said during the launch of his book in Kolkata, recently.
The book's protagonist Jeet Arora works for the Eastern Railways, responsible for running trains on one of the densest train routes in the country, reflects the same passion for the railways.
Sapra has drawn on his experience as a railway officer and the people he has met during his tenure -- from his boss to his dear friend to Lakshmi Mashi who commutes daily for work -- to build the story of 'The Boy Who Loved Trains'.
Starmark, one of Kolkata's leading bookstore, hosted the book launch at its Quest Mall outlet, in association with Readomania.
Actor-director Jayant Kripalani and founder of Aakash Aath news channel PC Sen were present at the book launch.
Kripalani too spoke about one of his most nostalgic train journeys, of listening to Baul songs on a train to Shantiniketan.
(Reporting by AVIRUPA DAS)
- Errors and negligence by doctors was a key issue discussed at the Medicon International 2018
- Bengal Chamber and West Bengal Tourism collaborate to create awareness about weekend travel
- UNSW Sydney starts roadshows to attract Indian students
- Experience UNSW Sydney in India as the university rolls out outreach program for prospective students
- ‘Hideous Barak’ and ‘India My Country’, two Power Publishers books inaugurated
- Mahul Brahma’s book ‘Dark Luxe’ explores the uncharted dark side of luxury
- Author Novoneel Chakraborty prefers writing a book over scripts for television programme
- The House and Other Stories: The Kolkata Chromosome
- Why Indian students are being pushed abroad for higher studies
- Santoor maestro Pdt Tarun Bhattacharya’s new album releases
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.