NITN | @notintownlive | 09 Jul 2018
Kolkata, July 9 (NITN): Most of us have travelled by trains innumerable times but how many of us are aware of the behind-the-scene stories? Deepak Sapra's debut novel 'The Boy Who Loved Trains' will let you into this heretofore little known world.
A former Indian Railways Service officer, Sapra himself has a lifelong fascination for trains and train journeys, he said during the launch of his book in Kolkata, recently.
The book's protagonist Jeet Arora works for the Eastern Railways, responsible for running trains on one of the densest train routes in the country, reflects the same passion for the railways.
Sapra has drawn on his experience as a railway officer and the people he has met during his tenure -- from his boss to his dear friend to Lakshmi Mashi who commutes daily for work -- to build the story of 'The Boy Who Loved Trains'.
Starmark, one of Kolkata's leading bookstore, hosted the book launch at its Quest Mall outlet, in association with Readomania.
Actor-director Jayant Kripalani and founder of Aakash Aath news channel PC Sen were present at the book launch.
Kripalani too spoke about one of his most nostalgic train journeys, of listening to Baul songs on a train to Shantiniketan.
(Reporting by AVIRUPA DAS)
- RBU's Annual Art Exhibition inaugurated at ICCR
- RBU organises workshop on ‘Folk and Tribal Performing Arts of Mech Community of North Bengal’
- Bandel Church in West Bengal marks `World Day of the Sick’ with healing prayers, mural
- Rhitom Sarkar returns from Germany after his successful concerts
- Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Tarun Bhattacharya join to pay tributes to India Armed Forces in Kolkata
- Techstars' first accelerator in India kicks off in Bangalore
- Union Budget has quite a few positives to take away: Jaiswal
- Pioneering tech innovation to up customer satisfaction
- Fonts matter: Choose them wisely for a good first impression says graphic designer Subhamay Basu
- Author interview: Anuragam Vatsa, co-author of 'Listen to Heart : Rhombus', talks about the book
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).