NITN | @notintownlive | 09 Jul 2018
Kolkata, July 9 (NITN): Most of us have travelled by trains innumerable times but how many of us are aware of the behind-the-scene stories? Deepak Sapra's debut novel 'The Boy Who Loved Trains' will let you into this heretofore little known world.
A former Indian Railways Service officer, Sapra himself has a lifelong fascination for trains and train journeys, he said during the launch of his book in Kolkata, recently.
The book's protagonist Jeet Arora works for the Eastern Railways, responsible for running trains on one of the densest train routes in the country, reflects the same passion for the railways.
Sapra has drawn on his experience as a railway officer and the people he has met during his tenure -- from his boss to his dear friend to Lakshmi Mashi who commutes daily for work -- to build the story of 'The Boy Who Loved Trains'.
Starmark, one of Kolkata's leading bookstore, hosted the book launch at its Quest Mall outlet, in association with Readomania.
Actor-director Jayant Kripalani and founder of Aakash Aath news channel PC Sen were present at the book launch.
Kripalani too spoke about one of his most nostalgic train journeys, of listening to Baul songs on a train to Shantiniketan.
(Reporting by AVIRUPA DAS)
- Priya Entertainment MD Arijit Dutta wants the younger generation to get more involved with tree plantations
- From College Girl to Cover Girl
- Sohini Roychowdhury's musical renditions enthrall the audience at Thumri Festival
- Public Relations – Present and Future
- Rotary’s Role in Rubella & Measles
- Kolkata: Sohini Roychowdhury enchants audience by her Thumri presentation
- Book review: Dr Uttara Singh finds slums are a transitional settlement in the fabric of urban society
- Book review: The Impact of Social Media Marketing on Brand Loyalty in India is a timely book by Murali S
- Author interview: Vijay Pratap Singh on his debut book Wet Petals
- Veteran actor Soumitra Chatterjee lauds popular film critic Pradip Biswas's emergence as a poet
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.