NITN | @notintownlive | 28 Sep 2018
Kolkata, Sep 27: Film production companies can now choose stories for their next film, web series or television show from a bank of ready, high-quality film stories, written by some of the best authors in the country, announced Kolkata-based Power Publishers, recently.
The unique attempt, named ‘Film Story Bank’, is a new venture from Power Publishers to build a bridge filmmakers and the best writers of the country.
Power Publishers, a leading Indian book publishing company for new authors is known to introduce many new things in the past 12 years, like the first video book trailers in India, the first Bengali language greeting cards, the first Bengali language audiobook app, the first platform of Hollywood and Bollywood screenplay writers.
‘We often hear complaints that Indian films are copied from films of other countries. This suggests a dearth of good and original film stories available to filmmakers," said Pinaki Ghosh, co-founder of Power Publishers, explaining the concept of Film Story Bank.
He said, "The best authors of India are capable of writing great film stories. We have procured some original film stories from them and also synopsis of their existing books for the Film Story Bank. Filmmakers, producers, production companies and movie streaming apps can now visit Film Story Bank in our website and choose a story for their film from hundreds of available story outlines, divided into genres."
Once a film story is purchased by a production company, it will be removed from the Film Story Bank.
Production companies can also order a complete screenplay to be written, by expert Indian screenplay writers, expanding the film story they have purchased for their upcoming film.
Power Publishers has involved some of the most reputed bestselling authors, film story writers, treatment writers, and Indian script writers to contribute to the Film Story Bank.
It is expected that this organized effort to bridge the film industry and the literature industry will result in films with better content, script and story.
- Starmark hosts launch of Durjoy Datta's novel Wish I Could Tell You
- Temi Autumn Carnival commences at temi tea estate
- Bengal Obstetrics and Gynaecological Society to organize Health Mela on Nov 16 in Kolkata
- Oakville Durga Puja in Toronto stands tall with thousands flocking to venue
- All stories about Lord Ayyappa are actually putting pressure on heterosexuality: Madhavi Menon
- Bickram Ghosh unveils 25 new releases
- Starmark hosts interactive session with journalist AK Bhattacharya on The Rise of Goliath
- Abhishek Singh is the new hunk on the block in Tollywood
- South Sikkim to host Temi Autumn Festival next month
- Starmark hosts book signing session for Damyanti Biswas’ You Beneath Your Skin
New York/NITN: In-line with its international expansion plans, Indian airline IndiGo on Thursday signed a one-way codeshare agreement with Qatar Airways, world’s best airline as per 2019 World Airline Awards.
Mumbai/NITN: Celebrating its 14th anniversary, airline GoAir has announced special fares ending with “14” as the last two digits across all its 33 destinations.
Mumbai/NITN: EaseMyTrip.com (EMT), the Online Travel Aggregators segment, is aiming to help the customers traveling to and from Mumbai in the wake of Mumbai runway closure.