NITN | @notintownlive | 28 Sep 2018
Kolkata, Sep 27: Film production companies can now choose stories for their next film, web series or television show from a bank of ready, high-quality film stories, written by some of the best authors in the country, announced Kolkata-based Power Publishers, recently.
The unique attempt, named ‘Film Story Bank’, is a new venture from Power Publishers to build a bridge filmmakers and the best writers of the country.
Power Publishers, a leading Indian book publishing company for new authors is known to introduce many new things in the past 12 years, like the first video book trailers in India, the first Bengali language greeting cards, the first Bengali language audiobook app, the first platform of Hollywood and Bollywood screenplay writers.
‘We often hear complaints that Indian films are copied from films of other countries. This suggests a dearth of good and original film stories available to filmmakers," said Pinaki Ghosh, co-founder of Power Publishers, explaining the concept of Film Story Bank.
He said, "The best authors of India are capable of writing great film stories. We have procured some original film stories from them and also synopsis of their existing books for the Film Story Bank. Filmmakers, producers, production companies and movie streaming apps can now visit Film Story Bank in our website and choose a story for their film from hundreds of available story outlines, divided into genres."
Once a film story is purchased by a production company, it will be removed from the Film Story Bank.
Production companies can also order a complete screenplay to be written, by expert Indian screenplay writers, expanding the film story they have purchased for their upcoming film.
Power Publishers has involved some of the most reputed bestselling authors, film story writers, treatment writers, and Indian script writers to contribute to the Film Story Bank.
It is expected that this organized effort to bridge the film industry and the literature industry will result in films with better content, script and story.
- Vedic Maths Forum India led by Gaurav Tekriwal, Anushree Goenka view latest draft presented to Union HRD Ministry as positive move
- Book review: A handy cookbook for the enthusiastic home chef
- Author interview: Subash Kedia says 'Emotional Intelligence 10X' is about creating a win-win situation
- Book review: A book to help you take control of your emotions
- GRIHA XI to be co-created with UNSW Sydney
- Vattikuti Foundation sets up Joint Replacement Surgeons Council of India
- Starmark hosts launch of Barun Chanda's novel 'Murder in the Monastery'
- Kolkata: Rotary International District 3291 awards Konttho team
- Kolkata: Rotary International District 3291 and Rotary Club of Belur felicitates Board toppers
- Feeling tired after a full night’s sleep? You may have sleep apnea
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.