NITN | @notintownlive | 28 Sep 2018
Kolkata, Sep 27: Film production companies can now choose stories for their next film, web series or television show from a bank of ready, high-quality film stories, written by some of the best authors in the country, announced Kolkata-based Power Publishers, recently.
The unique attempt, named ‘Film Story Bank’, is a new venture from Power Publishers to build a bridge filmmakers and the best writers of the country.
Power Publishers, a leading Indian book publishing company for new authors is known to introduce many new things in the past 12 years, like the first video book trailers in India, the first Bengali language greeting cards, the first Bengali language audiobook app, the first platform of Hollywood and Bollywood screenplay writers.
‘We often hear complaints that Indian films are copied from films of other countries. This suggests a dearth of good and original film stories available to filmmakers," said Pinaki Ghosh, co-founder of Power Publishers, explaining the concept of Film Story Bank.
He said, "The best authors of India are capable of writing great film stories. We have procured some original film stories from them and also synopsis of their existing books for the Film Story Bank. Filmmakers, producers, production companies and movie streaming apps can now visit Film Story Bank in our website and choose a story for their film from hundreds of available story outlines, divided into genres."
Once a film story is purchased by a production company, it will be removed from the Film Story Bank.
Production companies can also order a complete screenplay to be written, by expert Indian screenplay writers, expanding the film story they have purchased for their upcoming film.
Power Publishers has involved some of the most reputed bestselling authors, film story writers, treatment writers, and Indian script writers to contribute to the Film Story Bank.
It is expected that this organized effort to bridge the film industry and the literature industry will result in films with better content, script and story.
- Book review: Amidst the Whirlwind is about relationships and resulting complications
- Book Review: Unfinished - A Woman's Tryst with Destiny
- Uzbekistan Airways to start Mumbai-Tashkent direct flights from Oct end
- Crytsal Logistics Cool Chain Ltd opens warehouse facility in Howrah
- Festival feasts at Pour House and Cafe 4/1
- Adventure tourism in India holds a lot of prospect as a job opportunity says Priya Entertianment MD Arijit Dutta
- Author Sreejib explores dichotomy of the human mind in her first book ‘Aqson Level 1’
- Prabha Khaitan Foundation and British Council sign collaboration on arts
- Manicktalla Chaltabagan Puja’s theme pitches Kolkata for UNESCO's “City of Literature” honour
- Priya Entertainments Pvt Ltd offering special holiday packages for tourists to stay in Khairabera Eco Adventure Resorts and also inviting travelers to visit their latest hospitality venture Priya Villa at Shantiniketan
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.