NITN | @notintownlive | 28 Sep 2018
Kolkata, Sep 27: Film production companies can now choose stories for their next film, web series or television show from a bank of ready, high-quality film stories, written by some of the best authors in the country, announced Kolkata-based Power Publishers, recently.
The unique attempt, named ‘Film Story Bank’, is a new venture from Power Publishers to build a bridge filmmakers and the best writers of the country.
Power Publishers, a leading Indian book publishing company for new authors is known to introduce many new things in the past 12 years, like the first video book trailers in India, the first Bengali language greeting cards, the first Bengali language audiobook app, the first platform of Hollywood and Bollywood screenplay writers.
‘We often hear complaints that Indian films are copied from films of other countries. This suggests a dearth of good and original film stories available to filmmakers," said Pinaki Ghosh, co-founder of Power Publishers, explaining the concept of Film Story Bank.
He said, "The best authors of India are capable of writing great film stories. We have procured some original film stories from them and also synopsis of their existing books for the Film Story Bank. Filmmakers, producers, production companies and movie streaming apps can now visit Film Story Bank in our website and choose a story for their film from hundreds of available story outlines, divided into genres."
Once a film story is purchased by a production company, it will be removed from the Film Story Bank.
Production companies can also order a complete screenplay to be written, by expert Indian screenplay writers, expanding the film story they have purchased for their upcoming film.
Power Publishers has involved some of the most reputed bestselling authors, film story writers, treatment writers, and Indian script writers to contribute to the Film Story Bank.
It is expected that this organized effort to bridge the film industry and the literature industry will result in films with better content, script and story.
- Safety film for CESC made by Power Publishers & Motion Pictures to be screened on Tuesday
- Ascon Infrastructure India MD takes educational responsibility of daughter of martyred CRPF jawan from Bengal
- RBU's Annual Art Exhibition inaugurated at ICCR
- RBU organises workshop on ‘Folk and Tribal Performing Arts of Mech Community of North Bengal’
- Bandel Church in West Bengal marks `World Day of the Sick’ with healing prayers, mural
- Rhitom Sarkar returns from Germany after his successful concerts
- Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Tarun Bhattacharya join to pay tributes to India Armed Forces in Kolkata
- Techstars' first accelerator in India kicks off in Bangalore
- Union Budget has quite a few positives to take away: Jaiswal
- Pioneering tech innovation to up customer satisfaction
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.